Fuse block relocation thread (ideas and suggestions)

soarer.jzz30

Well I have the harness out again and I have the battery relocated. I would like some options for relocation the harness, I am either thinking I'll put it in the hatch where the jack used to be, or possibly in the drivers fender. I have a custom made cols air box that has some extra space, but I would really like to eliminate it from under the hood because the wiring is ridiculous and it's crowded enough with the gen3 swap and all the wta gear. From what I've heard I would have to run completely new wires from point to point because of possible voltage variations that are caused by having to much resistance due to increased length.

MWP

This is what ive done :twisted:

I now have only 4 relays in the engine bay (head lights, rad fan, horn), and no fuses.
Everything else has been moved behind the passenger seat.

eNpdjk0LgkAQhv-KzF2d9YtlPHqQAkEo6CjbZrq0ubIqFNF_TzEPNad5nmFeXkGcXgOFBL2SkA6UcIJC2NvgZ8I6pZLzUmslhXM4Mh77AbLIReYy7pyUVV3jZKYbVTfVg78r8goxCb19mS9ZEcFVaQ2pIpwxJpBCtvXCbOWxne7n7c4IHsvbXIYjwmqef2ZW2jSmksZ2td2i-Nf2coT0QuhF-DtB-v4AVfhCRA,,.jpg

eNpdjsEKgkAQhl9lmXs6ayrLePQgBYJQ0FG2bdMlU9lVKKJ3TzEPNaf5vmF-fkmCXo62BL1RkDiKBUEu7c35qbSsMGpadGOUZIcjF5EfIA83yDdcsJOxpq1Y2rWDaUft_F2elYgx9_ZFNmeFBFfTNJAYwgkjAiVVrWfmCw_1eD-vd07wmN-mMgIRFvP8M5NquqorVWdbbdco8bW9GiC5EHoh_k6QvD9UykJC.jpg

eNpdjsEKgkAQhl9F5p7OmtYye_QgBYJQ0FG2zXTJVlkViujdWzEPNaf5vmF-fkmcXj2tCTqtQPS04QSZtLc-SKT1cq3cUjZaSe9wZDwOQmTRCtmKce-krTaVl7Rm0GYs-2CXpQVivPX3eTplRQRX3TQgNKHDmEBJVZcTs5mHeryflzsjeExvrgxHhNk8_4xTTVu1hWqtKe0Sxb-2UwOIC6Ef4e-E4v0BV7xCRw,,.jpg

MWP

Ive re-used all the original wiring where i can.
The relays/fuses are obviously all new.

Ive had to go through every single wire in the car, work out what its for, why, and if it was still needed, then reroute it or remove it.
How power is routed around the car has all changed, so for future reference ive drawn up new wiring diagrams for it all too :)
Its been a massive job.

You can see where ive mounted the MegaSquirt3 ECU in the second photo.

The blue frame will have aluminium sheet fitted and then carpeted.
So ill have one big flat floor right to the back of the car.