67mm vs 69mm PCD 8 bolt flywheels..

celica-fiend

Back on my long, long, long delayed auto to 5 speed Alltrac Camry swap.. was finally hoping to bolt up the transaxle back to the '91 3SFE today and slap it back in the chassis.. when I was stymied by a flywheel issue..

I bought an alltrac flywheel off another member, had it machined, ordered a clutch for it .. and then when I tried to throw it on.. discovered it has a 69mm PCD on the crank bolt holes.. where my Camry apparently has 67mm..

I see the fidanza sells their stuff with elongated holes to allow for this.. anyone tried simply machining the same into a stock fly?

Also, if I have a 165 fly here and my motor is the same as a 185 (or vice versa, I dont know..) does the PCD of the clutch plate change or are they interchangable?

thanks for any info you can provide..

Brett

jsd

If I'm understanding what you're saying correctly, I had the same problem. I made spacers out of steel tubing for the bolts to fit in the flywheel. I wouldn't recommend doing this, but that's just what I did.

phattyduck

5s-fe, Camry Alltrac 3s-fe and ST165 3s-gte should all share the same flywheel mounting. Later 3s-gte should be the larger size PCD.

A competent machine shop should be able to do the work you need to the flywheel...

-Charlie

celica-fiend

Yeah, thats the route Im going Charlie.. mod'ing the '90 fly I have to fit.. Ive a machinist buddy with some 50 years experience.. so shouldnt be an issue :)

Oh the little hiccups we run into while futzing about with cars..

thanks,

Brett