Pete's ST185, bone stock ( not for long) Update on page 2

peteleetzor

A quick update, I have been gathering parts very so slowly. My speedo still hasnt been fixed hahha.

anyways so far I have accumulated but not on the car:

Newer AC compressor
Berk downpipe
Straight intake pipe ( from AT)
K&N cone Filter
CT20B turbo
Boost gauge
Interior LED
OEM shift knob
Newer stock injectors

I Still need to get alot more parts, and I plan to fix the synhcos + speedo gear, replace clutch, along with do a OEM rebuild by next summer.

mx6er2587

peteleetzor":2gexzqk4 said:
ok another small update,

1) weird noise right hand side of car ( possibly alternator) but will be replaceing the whole thing next week
2) my front wiper washer hose, part of it is missing so nothing comes out, the pump works.
3) my door lights and the light inside the car (one behind the sunroof) does not turn on when the door is open, but when when the trunk is open all the light works. really bugging me
4) Is there a diagram for the rear disfrost as in how its hooked up etc? my rear button has nothing inside for some reason.

5) ordered an oem antenna, also will be put in next week.

Goal by end of april, save money and fix speedocable, replace clutch, and synchros.

on number 3 the door switches like to break. I just went by the junkyard and grabbed a handful from various early 90s toyotas. Had about 6 of them. Found 2 that worked. They're very easy to remove with just one nut and a wire clip. Problem solved.

jrmcda01

I've been having trouble getting the bolt for the idler pulley to go back in and add tension to the belt. When I go to reverse the tension pulley's bolt the head just comes off the bolt. Am i doing something wrong?

pero

Car looks good, Pete.

I see you've shitcanned your original concept of keeping her 100% bone stock.
Can't blame you. Why not take advantage of newer technology when and where you can?

Regards,
The other Pete

Brad_91

My car has also had issues with its speedometer.. I am hoping to have it looked at in spring but I will be saving this thread for the pictures posted with part #'s etc :D

Hopefully mine is in a position to be repaired/replaced.. It has been acting up for a few years on and off now :shrug:

peteleetzor

Someone hit me while I was at my GFs house a week or so ago, Im still crying. :cry: So if anyone got a spare fender, please let me know :roll:

v8lbpl.jpg

msj2mr.jpg

heres the new boot
348rhhw.jpg

OH yeah my rotor and front pads are in, just waiting for the rears.

24qmgt5.jpg

2nbseqa.jpg

Oh yeah was getting oil changed and took this pic not too long ago..
2dc8wuo.jpg

Anyways besides that, I ordered some GTS GC, the front spring is rated at 350lb and rear at 250lb, Im gonna see if I can build my coils using them and hopefully it will give me a firmer then stock ride but not too much. The B&G lowered springs I have now feels kinda soft.

peteleetzor

Yes everything on motor is stock. I have a DP and ct20B saved up, but planning to get exhaust and then do the tranny ( clutch, PP, sychcos and all the other stuff) in one go.

My speedo is broken so the car is stuck at 121k, I driven around 7k since I got her. so ~130k miles.

r-town

Nice car! Jelly on that 1 of 81. There is a white and burgundy 1990 celica gt-s in Ecology autoparts in Fontana, CA. Mostly get my spare parts from those cars lol

BADNEWS

Does it run strong? Does it have a new plugs, cap, rotor, and wires? If so would you be willing to take it to an AWD Dynojet dyno so we can see what. Bone stock ST185 does?

Where are you from? I'll look up the closest dyno center for you.

peteleetzor

HELLO keep update, sorry been MIA because of a crazy school and work schedule

First off I redid the cluster lights to LED, I only replaced the backlights, Used 5 194 and 1 74 wedge type LED. The 74 isnt a direct plug and its kinda lose but meeh it worked out. for some reason the lights look alot whiter in picture, in person it still looks kinda green or maybe thats just my eyes.

rtoKS8Ll.jpg

second, took out the OEM airbox, but in some cheap autozone one since the K&N filter is too long for current set up. I have a straight pipe already but wanted to see how this works out first. (will try to get straight pipe next weekend?

THERE IS ALSO ONE DAM BOLT under the airbox that I cant remove, will take more detailed picture tmr, and I got pictures of how I messed up the AFM AHAHHA im stupid i know. Lesson learned.

F38aM7Pl.jpg

peteleetzor

helllo guys, been awhile since I updated this thread.

But here goes.

I replaced the timing belt/water pump/seals since it snapped off and everywhere was wore. The car is in the shop again since they didnt replace the timing belt tensioner while they were there but no worries.
Also toyota dealer doesnt want to use aftermarket kit, so I have an extra timing belt kit ( will sell for 250 bucks)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BQMDBE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also replaced both my master and slave clutch cylinder with these parts.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CG8N5Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CGCOWO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There is like a odd rubbing sound on the driver side whenever I come to a stop, I think my rotors or brake pads are not holding up. But I will fix later. The dent in the fender has been almost completely fixed. More picture to come.

Meanwhile, I got myself a weekend miata, and I must say it handles alot better, but the comfort and power just isnt the same. My plans for the alltrac, is save up for a 3 in cat back, then put in CT20B/berks DP/ cat back in one go.

peteleetzor

small update:

My quarter is almost over so i'll have time to work on it for once.

I have all the parts ready to go in

ct20/berk/3inch-
wheel bearing, hubs, and axle on the driver side along with some Valvoline 75W-90 and 1 quart syncomesh

as for normal maintance, I bought pre cleaned injectors, new spark plugs. Need to clean IC and fix the slack on my throttle cable.