WTA setup Wiring up a fan?

phattyduck

This is one of those places where you get what you pay for... I'd go for something specifically meant for water/coolant instead of oil. If it comes with a radiator cap, just run a higher pressure one than your fill location.

-Charlie

celica_gtx

phattyduck":1jdsfiwo said:
This is one of those places where you get what you pay for... I'd go for something specifically meant for water/coolant instead of oil. If it comes with a radiator cap, just run a higher pressure one than your fill location.

-Charlie

The more I dig n read around I seen alot of different things. Frozen boost has there's labeled as water/oil coolers. And of course ebay list it how ever.

Then using an ac condenser would work too even its a gases conversion to liquid.

I guess im just thinking of volume at this point I dont want it super thin or to big that its barely cooling.

Just tryin to narrow my options in an affordable way.

phattyduck

Yeah, you'll want something that has as much frontal area as possible so it doesn't have to be too thick. CXRacing has a few options that might work for you too.

-Charlie

celica_gtx

phattyduck":3fyknz17 said:
Yeah, you'll want something that has as much frontal area as possible so it doesn't have to be too thick. CXRacing has a few options that might work for you too.

-Charlie
underscore":3fyknz17 said:
Here's that post about using another cars rad for the HE, it's an Audi 100 rad viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40781&p=414896&hilit=rad#p414896

edit: A Prelude one works as well viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45415&view=next

Nice find n read. Too bad they are that the sacrifice of losing AC.. once i get my motor back in ill get some better ideas on space

celica_gtx

Packed full of knowledge now I found a cobra heat exchanger from another member on here so I will have that paired up w a Bosch pump..it'll be awhile before its all in my motor is still out of my car so once I get it all in ill try to get some temp readings by then it should be full blown out summer. Nice n hot

U guys are running a 50/50 mix right for the coolant?

phattyduck

underscore":27kdpbxq said:
I run Toyota Super Red.
I did the same when I still had the WTA intercooler. I mixed it 30/70 coolant/water as I don't see freezing temps much where I am.

-Charlie

phattyduck

underscore":e39nzr5w said:
Did yours come as pure coolant? Mine came as a 50/50 premix.
I got full-strength - this was a few years ago though, so I don't know what's available these days.

-Charlie