st205 into st185 swap faq/ and parts compatibility

fhalperformance

Now that I actually have a second to think about it those are the ecu plugs lol. Havent plugged anything back into the ecu for a while and figured the three in the second picture went to the ecu because the plug for the relay attached to the ecu is very close to them.

picture 1: ecu plugs

picture 2: mistakenly associated these plugs with the ecu due to the plug for the relay attached to the ecu being right next to them.

soarer.jzz30

I could be mistaken but it looks like the 205 ig1 and ih1 plugs. What tgis going into? Youll have lots of splicing to do if you plan to use make everything under hood work

I am tackling those plugs right now, I got most of them labeled I just have to find that damn pinout diagram for the IG1 and IG2 plugs. My info will dis-regard AC and ABS stuff so you will have to figure this out if you want that. I got the entire front chassis harness un-wrapped and re-routed, almost all of the wires to the fuse box are labeled. I did go ahead and remove the ABS and AC wiring leaving enough room that I think I am going to run my cruise control through the chassis instead of the engine harness. If you do this the only other relay you need outside of the fuse box itself is the fuel pump relay. I will take pictures of where I routed the wires for the tuck when I get finished incase anyone wants to do the same. I can also take pictures of the wires on the fuse box with their labels as I hook them up to the chassis harness.

quieter

hi guys! so the engine starts but im having issues with vacuum and i looked through the BGB and had alot of trouble finding info so im going to ask whoever completed a 3rd gen swap!

2ilwqu.jpg

ok number 1 i put the map sensor on the smaller pipe, bigger pipe is the pcv valve coming out of the little block on the head cover

i plugged my boost gauge on number 2

i caped off number 3 because of the ac idle up solenoid

am i supposed to recirculate number 4 back in the air intake?

i caped off the pipes for the charcoal canister

another question, what did you guys use for the throttle body? im using my original cable but the bracket from the st205 is too long and theres no markings to mount my old st185 bracket (bracket using 2 bolts on the inlet)

im also having trouble with idle and rpm showing alot less than what im hearing but i guess once i get the vacuum and bracket right it will be fine

thanks guys!

quieter

so i ended up finding a picture showing number 4 going straight back to the air intake.

number 1 small port is for map sensor and 2 big ports the one closest to firewall is for PCV hose coming out of the head cover and the other one is vacuum for the brake booster

number 2 is a good port for a gauge but i do not know what it was originally for

number 3 is supposed to go to the ac idle solenoid so as the vacuum pipe coming out of the back of the intercooler. if i delete the ac idle do i need to cap both ends off or do i need to join both of them with a line?

also what did you guys have to do for your throttle cable? the bracket from the 3rd gen throttle body is too long and there is no socket to put the 2nd gen throttle cable bracket on the 3rd gen throttle body. i was thinking of shortening the bracket by cutting and welding

quieter

sorry for triple posting but i ended up figuring out all the vacuum

both port 3 and intercooler port need to be caped off if you do not have/removed your A/C idle solenoid

port 4 goes to the air intake

the ports at 1: smallest one for map sensor (makes sure you got less than 3 foot of hose and nothing else connected) closest to firewall for PCV valve coming out of the head cover and the other port for the brake booster

if you do not have a charcoal canister you need to cap off both small ports over the throttle body pointing to the brake booster (LHD)

i got my friend to cut and weld the 3rd gen throttle cable bracket (shorter now) so both nuts can lock on the bushing

if anyone has any questions on the vacuum let me know by PM, im pretty sure i got everything sorted out! once again sorry for clustering the thread
hopefully by next week the car will be ready for the road. still gotta wire up a couple of things and test

Boosted185

What is the axle number for the alltrac ,I'm having the biggest pain find my axle all I can find are bolt ons, can you please pm me

GTSfreak

Trying to look into doing this swap. potentially buying a st185 but im planning on just removing the motor thats in it and swapping it out. owner says it over heats bad and has knocking sounds so i don't want to bother with it.

Id honestly be fine with just running an s185 engine but everything im looking at is the 205's. and any of the 185 swaps are just really in bad shape.

But if i manage to find a jdm gt-four s185 swap is that completely plug n play ? or more tinkering with ecu pinouts and sensor swaps.