What to expect to pay for a clean, stock 1993?

Spectra1

I paid $7500 for my white 93 back in November. Interior was in great shape, even came with the oem floor mats. Body only has a small spot of surface rust on one of the rear fenders and the front bumper has some peeling paint. The rear diff mount needs replacing and the front wheel bearings are on their way out but for the most part it is in great shape.

dragstang86

Spectra1":1termtzh said:
I paid $7500 for my white 93 back in November. Interior was in great shape, even came with the oem floor mats. Body only has a small spot of surface rust on one of the rear fenders and the front bumper has some peeling paint. The rear diff mount needs replacing and the front wheel bearings are on their way out but for the most part it is in great shape.

How many miles were on it if you don't mind me asking?

Meenya

I've read your post twice and I'm a bit confused...my basic understanding about importing from Canada to US was that there are 2 forms needed.
Emission standards
FMVSS DOT safety.
And once the car becomes over 25 years old the rules become more relaxed.
Here is what I'm confused about...first alltracs were never made in US...do you mean sold in US?
And since alltracs were sold in US and Canada shouldn't that be easier to import a GTFour? I could easily put NA front bar and bumper and the car meets the DOT crash etc.

I'm just trying to collect information and educate myself as I'm thinking of importing my GTFour to US when it becomes 25 years old

N8wrx":1xm7li4a said:
I only know this because i import cars as well but unfortunately this does not apply to cars that are built in the US. So for an example i will use the Nissan skyline (r32 and r34 models are banned for life for importing BTW, so ill use a r33 for example) If a skyline r33 is 25 years old you are allowed to import these as a Nissan skyline of any kind was never produced in the U.S.A under any name (this is associated via chassis so the new GTR doesnt classify as the same car. Hence why a r32 and r34 cant be imported and a r33 could be because they have different chassis classifications). As for cars like the gt4/alltrac or for another example a toyota supra these cars are not eligable for import as they were also built in the U.S. (the name being all trac vs gt4 has no effect, it is considered to a RI as the same car) it would be the same if there never was an all-trac version released in the U.S and only a FWD model as they share the same chassis design they are deemed non-eligable.

underscore":1xm7li4a said:
N8wrx":1xm7li4a said:
Yea my post was more so aimed at the "All-Trac" vs a gt4 as gt4's are not elligable for import as full cars.

You're getting pretty close though, isn't the magic age 25 years down there?

PS: This doesnt mean its IMPOSSIBLE to import them, there is a slight loop hole (legal loophole) but it is expensive and the car is still outlawed on standard U.S. roads. Your allowed to import cars for "racing" purposes, in order to do this is a very involved process with a RI and extreamly expensive. There is also a yearly fee they tack on as a sort of tax to do this and as i said you cant drive the car on any U.S. road they have to be trailered and cant be legally registered in any state.

sinerasis

N8wrx":3pcn5v7a said:
They patented this information so no one has access to it.
I'm not doubting your experience with importing cars or whatever, and I know this is off topic, but just to clear this up so no one gets the wrong idea... that's exactly opposite of how patents work.

Getting a patent on something makes the information 100% public but protected so the patent owner retains rights. A trade secret would be something you keep private so others wouldn't see it. You cannot patent something and keep it secret. I'll let you think about why that makes perfect sense.

Crash test data wouldn't be something you'd patent anyway.

mx6er2587

N8wrx":1j6i7yss said:
mx6er2587":1j6i7yss said:
the oldest R32 is now over 25 years old. You no longer have to go through an RI to bring them into the country.

Anything imported to the states has to go through a RI, there are no exceptions. Even a car 25 years old needs to be passed via a RI. A r32 and r34 is a exception to the 25 year rule as it has been federally outlawed for import EVER. There will never be any NEW whole r32's or r34's allowed to cross into the states. Grey market is a different story but is also illegal. I import cars so i know this is the 100% truth as i deal with RI's whenever parts/ cars are shipped here.

I'm sorry that's just wrong.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail ... to-the-u.s.

Spectra1

dragstang86":q19eznqn said:
Spectra1":q19eznqn said:

How many miles were on it if you don't mind me asking?

It had around 142k on the chassis.

alltracman78

It probably is, there's not a lot of colors for the 93.

I don't know the code off the top of my head. I don't mind checking for you as long as I can remember to; the car is normally under a cover in my garage.

msanders2

Mr Alltrac":2da9dchg said:
You are correct, 81 were sold in the us in 1993.

I have my own needle in a haystack and that's finding a metallic teal all trac :)

I know where ones at! I've tried to buy it before. Unfortunately the owner is in jail and it's sitting, wasting away.

alltracman78

crymson":3efwqiey said:
Do you know which color code that it? It might be the same one mine is supposed to be

Looking at your engine bay, it's not the same color. Yours is blue, not teal.
I can still get the code, but it's not the one you need.
Is your info sticker still on the car? Should be in the drivers door jamb.
If not the dealer can look it up with your VIN.

crymson

alltracman78":evv86b58 said:
crymson":evv86b58 said:
Do you know which color code that it? It might be the same one mine is supposed to be

Looking at your engine bay, it's not the same color. Yours is blue, not teal.
I can still get the code, but it's not the one you need.
Is your info sticker still on the car? Should be in the drivers door jamb.
If not the dealer can look it up with your VIN.

I actually have the color chip "0749 metallic teal" I was just wondering if that was the same color with clear coat, or whether it was one of the other two blues.

underscore

msanders2":3axybwz2 said:
Leaving a 93 Metallic Teal Alltrac to waste away...

Well I mean if he's in for a short time I'd pay attention to when he gets out and make him an offer on it. If he's in for life I doubt he would notice it missing...

And of worst come to worst as you get caught stealing it, maybe you will share a cell with him and can make him an offer in there haha.

msanders2

Na, it's been sitting at this Meineke for like 4 years, if the manager will just apply for an abandoned title he could sell it for a pretty good chunk of change. I know Me and at least 3 of my buddy's have stopped in and asked about it, as well as GT4_DRED. He actually lives in the town where it's at, so I'm sure if anyone got it first it would be Karl.