Where to buy complete front and rear brake upgrade

ALLensTRAC

sainz":15evyl1e said:

Honestly not much is made in the US anymore unfortunately. The wilwood calipers have proven themselves time and time again in real motorsports competition. I'd like to see the same from Ksport or D2. The only downfall you here regarding Wilwood is caliper flex although that's not common.

To gt4lm I would also look into an adjustable prop valve as increased pedal travel has been reported with this setup. It looks like you are on the right path though!!

gt4lm

ALLensTRAC":3n6d9w7g said:
sainz":3n6d9w7g said:

Honestly not much is made in the US anymore unfortunately. The wilwood calipers have proven themselves time and time again in real motorsports competition. I'd like to see the same from Ksport or D2. The only downfall you here regarding Wilwood is caliper flex although that's not common.

To gt4lm I would also look into an adjustable prop valve as increased pedal travel has been reported with this setup. It looks like you are on the right path though!!

Yes it seems the prop valve is a must at that point
Wilwoodbrakes have one as do a few other suppliers

I'm probably going to get solid rear discs and slotted front but will wait till my guy gives me his thoughts befor I run around spending to much

ALLensTRAC

gt4lm":1vy8mp2b said:
ALLensTRAC":1vy8mp2b said:
sainz":1vy8mp2b said:

I'm probably going to get solid rear discs and slotted front but will wait till my guy gives me his thoughts befor I run around spending to much

Personally for a street car I would go with solid face front and rear. Anymore the quality of pads make all the difference and that's where I would spend the money. After installing if you get pad "ghosting" then you may require a different compound. Any slotting and drilling compromises the integrity of the rotor. To me it's not worth it.

gt4lm

I'm probably going to get solid rear discs and slotted front but will wait till my guy gives me his thoughts befor I run around spending to much[/quote]

Personally for a street car I would go with solid face front and rear. Anymore the quality of pads make all the difference and that's where I would spend the money. After installing if you get pad "ghosting" then you may require a different compound. Any slotting and drilling compromises the integrity of the rotor. To me it's not worth it.

good point you make

i went to far on the gtr and had no cold braking due to my disc and pad choice so i had to ride the brakes for a while in the morning to make temp....... i went to solid front and rear and the right pads and i had some good bite from the time i left home

i will probably go EBC red again as i had a good time with that brand on the gtr

although i hear so many people praising bendix pads so i might check them out as well