Proportioning valve for Rear Brake Lines Question

fhalperformance

vabswriteup.jpg

See the green box.

I have a quick question I haven't been able to find the answer to. I found this picture in the abs delete how-to because my car doesn't have the lines that go to the rear requiring me to make them. My question is this: which line goes to which rear wheel?

underscore

I see the image. It's hard to tell in the parts diagrams but it looks like they come out of the top? In which case the one on the left goes to the right and vice versa (since they're coming out facing the wrong way they end up flipped when they make a U).

Since the rear brakes are supposed to be equal does it really matter tho?

ALLensTRAC

underscore":21rwbkai said:
I see the image. It's hard to tell in the parts diagrams but it looks like they come out of the top? In which case the one on the left goes to the right and vice versa (since they're coming out facing the wrong way they end up flipped when they make a U).

Since the rear brakes are supposed to be equal does it really matter tho?

I'm glad you remembered as I was going to say the upper line goes to the left rear but I couldn't remember if they crossed in the back. I can take a pic of the lines front to rear off the car tonight if it helps? They're just laying under the chassis on the ground.

underscore

I'm going off what I can see in the parts diagrams, if they cross it should be in the front not in the back.

ALLensTRAC

underscore":m62q8yg6 said:
I'm going off what I can see in the parts diagrams, if they cross it should be in the front not in the back.

I know they don't cross in the front. They follow each other all the way to the rear in that order. I will check it tonight when I get home and post a picture.

underscore

They don't cross, but in the non-ABS diagram they come out of the top then pull a U and head down and under the car, the U ends up flipped them without them actually crossing.

In the picture above you can see the lazy U the lines take before they disappear under the car.

ALLensTRAC

underscore":30u9vz6l said:
They don't cross, but in the non-ABS diagram they come out of the top then pull a U and head down and under the car, the U ends up flipped them without them actually crossing.

In the picture above you can see the lazy U the lines take before they disappear under the car.

They actually do not flip. Facing the pic above the upper line is for the left rear. The lower line is for the right rear. I just looked on my car. I believe we mean the same though.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399586813.886895.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399586856.088063.jpg

fhalperformance

Alot of posts since I was last on here. Thanks for the info and the quick responses. I want to get the ends on the proportioning valve for the rear lines while I have the space. Motors still going back together planning on getting the front end buttoned up as much as possible this weekend so I can focus on the wiring and getting the rear back together.

underscore

ALLensTRAC":8nvaez3b said:
They actually do not flip. Facing the pic above the upper line is for the left rear. The lower line is for the right rear. I just looked on my car. I believe we mean the same though

Yep we mean the same thing, what starts of the left ends up on the right and vice versa due to the curve. The parts diagrams are very true to your pictures, which is surprising because they lied to me about the calipers.