how about a group buy for new factory floor mats?

toayoztan

Regardless let's get some replicas made that say alltrac or celica or even gtfour.

If these are nicely made I wouldn't mind the condition of my carpet TOO much!

Bryan

spitfiremk16

toayoztan":27jj64xu said:
Regardless let's get some replicas made that say alltrac or celica or even gtfour.

If these are nicely made I wouldn't mind the condition of my carpet TOO much!

Bryan

I agree I need a set of floor mats to cover up my not so great carpet. these shouldn't be to hard for an upholstery shop to make. Just cut them up to the right size and embroider them.

athousandleaves

Just to chime in, there is no way you can get embroidery done unless the company doing the work contacts toyota and gets permission. Licensing the mats adds a hefty premium to the job and most of the shops I spoke with won't even bother doing the embroidery if they have to get a license.
I got about 10 quotes on having a run of 30-40 sets mats made and the cheapest I could find was about $175/2 front & 2 rear. Once you include shipping them it's more than anyone wants to pay for a set of mats.

I did have one contact that came back at a more resonable price but they wouldn't do the embroidery. So I considered renting or buying an embroidery machine to do it myself but that would still run the cost up considerably.

The funny thing is on my OEM Turbo4WD mats the embroidered part is like a badge that's been glued onto the carpet where some of the pile was trimmed down. I'm pretty sure opting for something like that would allow for more personalization and better cost.

I'd have more time to look into this again at the end of the month if there's still interest but I have a feeling that with all the other group buys happening it's going to be a bit of a squeeze.

darthripley

I'd still like a set made.
If nothing happens here, then I'll look into on my own in a few years.

If the mats say Celica then chances are they are a RHD set, at least that's what the RHD set I have say on them.

CMS-GT4

The trd truck mats that fit might be an option. Just ask the manufacture if the could produce them in gray. There are plenty offered that are likely not authentic on eBay. So if we can find a good quality one there is out chance. I steam vacuumed mine and they turned out great other than the flat spot I rest my heel.

toayoztan

If it's a hassle, I don't care about the embroidery. I can probably get someone to do that later if I so desire.

I wouldn't mind the Tundra mats if this all falls through, but I don't want them to say TRD on it.

Bryan

CMS-GT4

I found reviews for LLoyd's floor mats. A lot of people use them and they have pretty decent reviews. There is an ebay seller who lists them for the 90 celica hatchback. its $100, but so is about everyone else. For more they can do logos and such. I don't mind plain though.

toayoztan

I think someone should get a group buy going for quality floor mats that are fitted for our cars, ie alltrac b/c of the tunnel.

I'd buy up a set!

Most of all, I'd love it if someone could make us carpets hah.

Bryan

athousandleaves

I know everyone was pretty interested in fabric mats however I learned that the factory for WeatherTech is very close to my house.

WeatherTech is known for using a laser based system to scan the floor of a car and make really awesome floor liners that are 100% exact fit.
See their promo here: http://youtu.be/TPMbiLraaOg

440841_T-2_Camry_07.jpg

Because I live so close I could bring my alltrac to them for a scan so they have accurate measurements and we could begin a group buy with them for floor liners that will outlast any carpets we end up with.

Their floor liners cost in the neighbourhood of $140 for just fronts or $220 for both front & rear

They also make really gorgeous cargo liners for about $150. Only problem with the cargo liner being laser measured is the Canadian spec 185 got a compact spare vs the full sized spare that the US received.
I would have to have someone send me a USDM rear carpet and I could put my OEM 15" in under it for a second measurement.

40296_Camry_07.jpg

They make a large range of other products that I'm sure people wouldn't mind having on their celicas such as Window Rain Deflectors, Sunroof Wind Deflectors etc I could even talk to them about getting a "starshield" type of product made for the alltrac and CS/RC bumpers.

Any interest???

toayoztan

I'm just briefing thru the forums this morning, and haven't clicked on their link. But do they only make non-fabric mats?

I don't think the cargo liner would be much use anyway to most of us unless we did get rid of the spare tire.

I'd be interested in a set of fronts. I figured nobody is going to be sitting in the back of my alltrac.

Bryan

athousandleaves

It appears as though they do not make any fabric mats.
However I still have all my OEM mats so I could trace them and send the outlines off to be duplicated but almost all the places I've looked at want $200 just for the fronts without embroidery or shipping so the WeatherTech guys seem to be offering a very good product at a decent price, possibly better price if they're willing to do a group buy with us.

The only way I see us getting fabric mats made cheaper is if we get them made in china rather than North America.

CMS-GT4

I wanted weather tech when I first got my car. It would sort of be interesting if the whole carpet could just be replaced with something like that. I personally would prefer cloth now, but the weather tech is something to consider.

athousandleaves

2-year bump! :D

So I never got around to weathertech, back isues kept me from driving much the last few years sooo hopefully I will have time to get in touch with them this summer about mats.

I was reminded about this because a friend of mine linked me to this page where they specifically mention "All Track" mats that only fit the trac, anyone curious or desperate enough to try them for $133?

http://www.auto-interior.com/toyota3.htm

And, yes I will update here with weathertech info when I get time to contact them.

ALLensTRAC

I am still interested in a set. I did just buy a set of mats from Boostedbluetoyotas that came from a group buy a while ago. Does anyone remember who made the last group buy ones?