ST165 "GT-FOUR" replica grille badge

206st165

I'm currently work on a STL format of my ST165 GT-FOUR front badge so I can make copies from a 3D printer. I'm doing this not only so I can save my OEM badge but to also make these rare items more available to everyone. Just mainly looking to see if a "copy" is something would be interested in. Only draw back is that they'll be non painted and not come with the mounting plate and screws, but I'm sure I can find something that will work just fine and supply that when the time comes. Copies will be printed on either PLA or ABS plastics and come in only black or white. I would probably sell them for $50 shipped within the connected US and postage pending on buyers location for international.

Is this something you guys would be interested in?

206st165

Do you think I should leave them raw cut plastic an sell them that way, or paint them OEM black/silver or black/white?

Xander_42

I would probably buy one. I might be more interested in buying your CAD file though. What design package are you using? Also, what kind of 3D printer would you use?

I've been bouncing an idea about getting another ST165 around in my head. If I get one, I definitely want one of those badges. Even if it's just a one-off and more than $50, I'd very much want one.

206st165

I'd possibly be interested in selling my CAD after I've got some feedback from people or even if it comes out right. I would be using a 2014 type A machine series 1, 200 micron resolution printer. I would possibly paint them with factory acrylic paint for $60 a unit or so shipped. I should have a trial unit printed up by this coming up weekend.

Redrkt01

I already have an authentic badge, but I'll throw my hat in the ring to add to the order. I figure it's probably a good idea to have a back up just in case.....

I'll take two if this thing pans out.

206st165

Working on a CAD design for the mounting plate as we speak, will include a plate (cut to factory spec) and x2 mounting screws. Will post pics as soon as I have a finished print in hand

That is completely awesome. I remember searching high and low for one of these when I owned my old '165 years ago. I even had a friend who went to Japan to visit family to poke around and see if he could find one to no avail. :notworthy:

Seriously, even if I don't have the car anymore I'd get at least one of these out of principle.

88gt4DE

I think I'd be in on this 8) Been looking for one for awile ... Pending pics of finished product of course :smokes: