Where to buy a new alternator?

Spectra1

The bearings are going in my alternator so I think it is time for a new one. A few years ago I picked one up for my other alltrac on ebay and so far it has worked great, problem is I cant remember who I got it from. Can anyone recommend a seller or brand. I dont want to spend a fortune so im not looking for an oem unit.

RallyX-GT4

Got mine from the local dealership - I was amazed how reasonable it was. Although not a brand new unit, it is remanufactured to their spec. Completely plug and play and has worked perfectly!

Spectra1

Are all 1990-93 Celica alternators the same (ST, GT, GTS, Alltrac, 2.0, 2.2, etc) other than the amperage? Im looking at a 92 2.2L one from Ace alternators.

warracer

Spectra1":3dwa5z0m said:
Ok are the 2.0L 3sgte MR2 alternators the same as the all trac?

No, the bracket is different, so you would have to put the alternator behind the engine , but it can be done...
Pulley is also different

underscore

knowitalls":309sg4yf said:
Spectra1":309sg4yf said:
Are all 1990-93 Celica alternators the same (ST, GT, GTS, Alltrac, 2.0, 2.2, etc) other than the amperage? Im looking at a 92 2.2L one from Ace alternators.
No

What's the difference between them aside from the wire placement and the metal shroud? I think my RC alternator has pooped out but I have a brand new Bosch reman GTS alternator sitting here.

Nitro_Alltrac

I've got one for a GT-S on mine. It was a straight bolt on. Didn't have to change the pulley or do anything with the plug. I got it from O'Reilly's. I special ordered the one specific for the All Trac first and had issues with it a couple of weeks later and HAD to have a replacement. I think I used the one for the auto GT-S as it had a higher output. I've had it on there for four years now and no problems.

underscore

I compared the GTS one I had and the one in the RC and the RC uses a three pin plug and the GTS had a totally different plug. I tried swapping the guts but I think the reg itself is fried.