93 Alltrac "Alexandra"

crymson

I've had the car for over a year, and I've been talking about it in other forums, but I figured it was time to post her up here.

The previous owner was a member I discovered after I bought the car (I can't remember the handle).

Before I bought her I had a 90 GTS I was prepping for a 1MZ swap, but I kept running into problems with the age and millage of the car (~270000 miles) I'd seen this car for sale but just didn't want to get bogged down in a major alltrac project. Until my dad told me to go drive it. He'd let a very good priced Mustang California Special go years ago, and sagely warned me not to let this go without driving it. I drove it and I bought it. She came to me rough, I've seen this car for sale multiple times, always with a slightly different story, but a 93 with just less than 100,000 was too much to pass up, even with the problems that were obvious. It has a bad body kit, and some interesting modifications, I keep finding more the more work I do to her.

When I bought her she hadn't been through emissions in 7 years, the door sensors didn't work (oddly the always registered the doors opened, which was not my experience with my 90 GTS), the break light stayed on, the ABS light was on, and assorted other lights. plus the bodykit, uggh.

Since then I've got most of the body kit off, replaced the rear deck lid (they did a bad job of installing that wing leading to rust), stripped half of the interior, ordered new wheels, ditched the nology wires, Hit pick n pull a lot and generally spent as much money on her as I bought her for, already.

LIst of stuff bought:
  • Porche BBK
  • replacement GTS hatch
  • All of the emblems except the All-trac emblem
  • Front and rear whiteline strut braces
  • Whitline sway bar
  • RC bumper (still need a crash bar)
  • wheels
  • Completely new audio setup

List of stuff todo:
  • 3rd gen swap (eventually)
  • Coilovers
  • Finish stripping the interior and repair the electrical damage
  • paint it back to the factory color (medium blue)
  • short throw
  • fix or replace leather (the leather itself is good, but the stitching is rotting)
  • CS hood

lumbercis

Never seen that medium blue color before. You may have the only one in existence. Post pics when the repaint is done.

crymson

I meant of the 93s, since there were only 81 it is possible that mine is the only blue one. Or at least the only blue one left :)

crymson

Been a little while, but I finally got some time last night, and with school out and the bedtimes in the neighborhood loosened I should have a lot more time to work on the car. (neighbors used to complain if I worked on it after 8 because their kids had to get up for school).

Anyway, I decided to get rid of the old tailgate and get a new one. Foolishly I left the wing thinking that I had one, only to discover that the narrowbody hatchback wing does not fit the widebody. Doh! But, I went ahead and swapped the hatch. I also got the rear bumper off, and I got a very expensive package.

my friend came by and we made short work of the hatch:

My 7th gen Hannah peeking around the corner at her sister

Getting the bumper off was fun. I spent a bunch of time with an icepick digging the head of the screws out of the bondo (and the bondo out of the heads of the screws), so I could get this off. After looking at the skirts It's gonna be a lot of that to get those off. Theres a little surface rust where the bumper rubbed on the body, but the metal feels solid and it's not deep. So hopefully tomorrow a little work with a wire wheel and some rustoleum will hold it over till paint

And the expensive things arrived finally!
[url=https://flic.kr/p/nJsgAK]

I should have tires for those pretty little babies tomorrow. So just waiting for more packages to arrive and finish taking the body kit off

crymson

Mr Alltrac":6xeq9x4c said:
Probably they only one left ha.
http://www.toyotareference.com/celica/1990-1993
Looks like it's dark blue metallic, that's the only color choice close to that for 92-93.

looking at it in the light (and after fineally seeing the dark blue) it's not that color. It's definately the metalic teal.

I'm not going to repost everything here, but you can see the complete photo gallery here (for those interested):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/94309389@N07/sets/72157633213704909/

crymson

Mr Alltrac":2983vwef said:
The engine bay pic makes the color look really blue, but the pictures inside the hatch definently make it look like teal.

Yeah, I think it's just bad lighting on the engine bay pick