Ron Davis Radiator too tall

kilt88

I bought one of these Ron Davis radiators during the original group buy organized in 2006 by Denver_whiteST185 for my 92 ST185
here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14956

So anyway, I'm finally off my ass building the car, and the radiator is quite a bit taller than stock. Am I the only one who has experienced this? I could build spacer blocks and pray the hood closes, or I could hope Ron Davis makes it right.

So should I expect spacer blocks to work with no hood issues, or what?

Thanks,
Josh

underscore

How is it attached at the bottom? I know the stock rubber inserts have material that could be removed to drop the rad.

kilt88

underscore":wdigj72g said:
How is it attached at the bottom? I know the stock rubber inserts have material that could be removed to drop the rad.
Ya, it sits in the stock, rubber mounts on the bottom. I checked hood clearance last night, and it looks like it will actually fit, even though it's tall. So for now, I'm not too worried. We'll see.

kilt88

So it worked out, and I didn't have to cut down the lower rubber cushions at all.

I added spacers under the brackets at the top, and it holds in place great now, with the mandatory wiggle room you want for a rad.