Anyone with a clocked wastegate bracket

Like the title states, I'm looking for someone who has a wastegate bracket already made and confirmed that it works. I would like to make a replica of it since there is such a demand for them, I plan to make them with the scrap metal I have laying around and would only charge shipping or exchange for parts for my car.

The plan is to base mine off of yours(improve on it) or just copy it if I like the fit/style.

Please pm me if you have one laying around.
I should only need it for a day or to to make a jig, then I will ship back to you. I will pay for shipping both ways.

Anoo21

I'm up for the group buy of the bracket. I will even pay for cost and shipping if we get one going. Hopefully someone will shine some light on this.

celica_gtx

theres a post somewhere on here with all the measurements someone has done already. cant find it for the life of me tho.

Hopefully someone steps forward with one so we can get this show on the road ha. Next we will need an affordable fmic kit.

msanders2

I've thought about building FMIC kits. I have access to a TIG and thought about using my GI Bill to take some TIG welding classes at the College for welding aluminum. I have a Bayarea FMIC for a clocked turbo I have yet to install, and would like to improve on it (not saying his is bad I would just like to change a few things for personal preference) But I would like to pursue this and offer it up to the community.

Don't know how the schools are there. But make sure you have a really good teacher, cause it makes learning how to weld significantly better. Or find someone with a lot of experience to watch you and make changes to your technique, speed, etc....

I learned the very basics in school, but I worked with a great welder who took me from a decent welder to a proficient (not trying to brag, so I'm speaking about myself lightly ha) I'll provide pictures of my welds of need be haha.

Been welding for a few years now, certified welder, associates in welding technology, and was aws certified from 1/16"-unlimited. Let my aws cert expire since I didn't use it at my last job.

Certified to weld mig,tig, and stick on aluminum, carbon steel, and stainless so it helps me to find work pretty easy ha.

msanders2

Sooooooooo why aren't you building FMICs yet Mr fancy pants welder!!! Don't say your too busy messing around with your STI and your ultra cool BRZ. :shoots:

Working 7 days a week, 12 hour shifts ha. I would build them, I just need my alltrac to drive everyday so I don't have time to fab one for my car to replicate.

celica_gtx

msanders2":il8regin said:
Has anyone PMd Klue? If not, I will.

i asked him a couple months back he asked me for that post w the measurements and i never found it.
im sure if u get enough interest he'd fab one.

I used to daily it when I worked at texa speed and performance but now I'm around paint overspray so I don't want it getting on a black car. (It's red paint so it doesn't really show on my car)

msanders2

Mr Alltrac, I think it would be easier if you pm Klue, as you would be the one actually making the brackets for us fine folk.

I have had 2 different types fabbed up for my car. For CT26 based housings you can use the 3 mounting points on the compressor to make a decent bracket. But with a ct20b it becomes more complicated because of only 2 mounting points which are basically useless once you clock it. For the 20b I made 2 pieces, one goes down to the mount on the bottom of the exhaust housing that supports the turbo for the top hole on the wastegate and I made one to connect to the tranny for the bottom hole. Also another problem the housing gets fatter as you rotate it so the stock bracket has to be trimmed on the back which weakens it. I had access to a plasma cutter and breaks and stuff when I made the last set of mounts now I do not. I can post some pics if you guys are interested.

FC Zach

Not sure if these pics would help or not but I had found these somewhere on the forum while searching a while back. .
file.php

file.php

file.php

Attachments

• actuatorbracket019.jpg
    actuatorbracket019.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1
  • actuatorbracket081.jpg
    actuatorbracket081.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 0
  • actuatorbracket086.jpg
    actuatorbracket086.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1

FC Zach

Last pic from the same build above.
actuatorbracket121.jpg

Here's another pic I had saved for an idea on how to do the index, this setup looks easier to do for those without a welder.
FMIC12.jpg