GT4 down, we have a GT4 down...

Domspun

Sad moment today, got hit in my GT4!! :cry:

I was crossing an intersection when suddenly a crazy women ran her stop and hit me behind the rear wheel! My car did a full 180 degrees!! :shock: Never had an impact so hard in my life. I'm okay, I have a small headache and feel a little shaken.

Could have been worse. I think it's fixable, doesn't look too bad, no? I will remove some parts this weekend, see what's broken or bent.

Here's the aftermath:

Now not just one non-running GT4, but TWO! :( So unlucky with my GT4s...

GT4times2

It's not too bad. Nothing a good body shop couldn't handle. Better than being totalled. Let her insurance handle it.

msanders2

I would cry if someone hit my st185. Don't take the first offer the insurance company tries to give you. They always try to pay the absolute least

This will be expencive. ST185 rear quarter panels are no longer available. If you buy from a scrap yard very hard ro remove without damage. For a good shop just time.

r-town

IMHO that is one of the worst places to get hit. My ST185 has a hit on the drivers side rear quarter panel, but not as bad as yours. Try to find a good, honest body shop.

AllSaintsTrac

I would do paintless dent removel, sand it smooth. A lil bit of shake can primer. Plasti dip it. Tell insurance nothing. Unless you like salvedge on your title.

88gt4DE

Def got some suspension issues to deal with too .... as last post says beware of the total and buy it back deal ...

CSAlltrac

Sadly it will total in the insurance company's point of view. You still have a lot of options. Just be sure to have yourself prepared. Get market value for your car and add any maintenance items or mods performed. Come up with a number that you would be willing to sell the car for and stand your ground. Then you can do an owner retain and they will deduct from that number and give you the balance. Sometimes it can be a silver lining of a very shitty situation.
If you find a good quality body shop you trust take it to them to do the estimate. If it does total that shop can charge the insurance company storage until a deal between your or her insurance is settled on. They (insurance company) will pressure you to release the car to them, DO NOT DO IT. Every day that your car costs them is motivation to make you happy and find a deal that works. There is sentimental value as well, an actual dollar value that can be applied to it, the dollar amount varies in every case I have seen.
Don't want to write a novel in your post, just want to help you out bud. Very sorry to see when a fellow owner goes through this. If you have questions you can PM me. I would also be willing to consult you if needed. I go to battle with insurance companies everyday at work, they are crooks. Take no prisoners when dealing with them. :shoots:

underscore

Be very carefully dealing with insurance if you do choose to do so, Quebec will be a bit different than BC but out here if you let them have the car you cannot, under any circumstances, buy the car back in any way. They also group a GTFour with an Alltrac which they value at about $500 and anything JDM will be written off at the slightest whiff of damage so again be careful when dealing with insurance.

Depending on what insurance says I'd just swap in a new rear subframe, get the damaged panel cut out and weld a new panel from a GTS in, paint it and call it a day.

Domspun

Hi All, just a quick update. I suffered some kind of head trauma, so I have a terrible headache and had to go to the hospital twice. I have to stay away from TV s and computers. I am typing this without looking at the screen! Sorry for any typos. I have pass some tests at the hospital next week.

Domspun

So, I had some time to look into it. The wheel is not even bent! I had it check and it's perfectly straight. That's great for a chinese wheel. The coil-over looks fine, only the bottom bolt hole snapped off, so it's a easy repair with a welder. The rear arm seems a little bent, but the others look straight. I was lucky to have removed the jack a couple of weeks ago, so it did not get stuck where I got hit. I will try to go to work next monday. I was lucky to get a new job that I can go by foot, so no hurry to fix the car! :D

If the jack was in there you could of just expanded it and popped that out haha jk. Sorry to hear about your car/s. Hopefully you can save up som money not buying gas and get them running :D

athousandleaves

Sounds like you got a concussion! That's pretty serious and will get much worse if you hit your head again any time soon.

Be VERY careful.

Cars can be repaired, brains are much harder to fix. Look into the research about the benefits of protein after concussions and you may find it helps you. Has helped a friend of mine a lot.

Hopefully you and your cars are back on the road soon!