Getting trans off

sinerasis

I got the engine/trans out of my car last time I was working on it and began to separate the trans from the engine but ran into a road block. I've searched and found plenty of info on getting them back together, but not much with issues getting them apart.

As it sits I have about a 3/4'' gap between the bell housing and the block, but I can't move it any further. The repair manual states once you have it about 2'' gap you can do the wiggle maneuver and it'll come completely free.

Thoughts? Did I miss a bolt hidden in there somewhere? In the most awkward of ways I tried pushing/pulling them apart but it won't budge. I was thinking of hooking it up to the crane and seeing if I could lift from the trans and let gravity help, but honestly I'm unsure if that'll work either. Unfortunately it's just me working alone so I don't have another person available to help me pull on it.

Chuck.hudson

You have to rotate the transmission clockwise If I remember right. That way the transfer case will clear the block. It seems like 3/4 inch gap is a little small o think I had a larger gap check the cover on the bottom of the block that covers the flywheel you might have missed those bolts.