Rebuild 3s-gte. What to upgrade?

toddy2

Hi,
I'm going to Rebuild my 3s-gte, and I would like to know what kind of improvements that would be advisable.
I will stick with Stock ECU, IC, CAMS.
But thinking of Wiseco pistons and ct20b turbo. Is this a smart upgrade?
And is it other things that would be a smart upgrade?
Car is a Celica gt4 CS. Have 3" exhaust all the way and cat has been moved.
Not after to much power, but as much as possible with Stock ECU, IC and CAMS.

What about transmission? Car has rolled 250k km. Upgrade kit? Change diferential?
What parts should be considered changed?

Know this maby could been posted in maintanence, but I'm after some more POWER and more effecient drivetrain without too heavy pricetag.

Cheers

msanders2

Weisco pistons and eagle rods would be a good upgrade. Get some good bearings like acl or clevette. If your keeping stock cams no need for crazy head work. Some Engle valve springs would be good to help prevent valve float. If your going Ct20b I would get some 550cc injectors off a supra and a walbro or supra TT fuel pump. Maybe a ats bored rail. Then just normal stuff Timing belt, water pump, all the seals and gaskets. Get OEM stuff from Toyota and you won't regret it.

underscore

If you're tearing it completely down I'd replace the sensors that run to the ECU for control as well (water temp and such).

Pipedreams

You can´t run 550cc injectors on stock ecu. It will run very rich.
Valvefloat will not be an issue as you won´t raise the rpm limit so springs are not needed.
Stock rods are good for over 500hp so that´s also a bit of a waste of money.

Pistons, metal headgasket, ARP headstuds and your good.
And as mentioned, buy the gasket kit from toyota. Nothing beats oem.

msanders2

If your going to be in the high rpm range frequently, upgrade your valve springs. I've seen the OEM ones break. Also brand new rods might be capable of holding 500hp, your rods have over 200k miles. They do get weaker over time going through all those heat cycles. If your going to have the block torn down anyways, better safe then sorry. Upgrade your rods. Most rods come with arp rod bolts too, so they are stronger then OEM.

toddy2

Thank you guys!
I will stick with Stock injectors, but will go for CT20B and Wiseco pistons. ARP studs, good quality bearings and some good Quality gaskets.