St185 with evo III turbo

I have the opportunity to get a tdo5-16g from an evo III rebuilt with 100 miles on it, no shaft play.

Would this be a worthwhile upgrade?
How does it compare to the ct26?
I plan to run 1 bar (14.7 lbs) of boost, so I don't think I will be putting a lot Of stress on the tdo5, what do you guys think.

Well I was going to say you can probably put your wifes hair dryer in place of the ct26 and get a boost! But seriously its going to need a full custom setup oil lines and manifold or adapter and a special downpipe. For the gain you would get its cost prohibitive. CT20B is much easier and cheaper in the long run.

It comes with the o2 housing that I was gonna use and cut/ make a flange to bolt to my 3" exhaust pipe now. Make an adapter from the ct-t3 flanges. It's 100$ + work or 6-800$ for a ct20b that's the only difference. I guess I'll just hold out an build my motor and get a ko sb kit.

Debating, I was kinda wanting jus the gt28 cause I want fast spool and I'm only looking for 300whp.
Build me a stroker so we can match for sure haha.

msanders2

I told ya brochacho come to Ga and we will swap that tranny and build you a stroker. Might take longer then a weekend though...