Rebuild of the 92 st185

monkracing29

alright she is alive and running strong so far I will be updating my thread with pictures and video of car running let me know what you guys have thoughts on how the car looks

Terracar

Dayum, those brakes look great. Glad to hear she is running, always a great feeling.

Can't wait to see the pics.

-Terracar

Shaggz00

What happened to the old motor? After reading about the blasting media remaining on the head after it was already installed, I was like ummmmmmm...
Good call on the 205 motor. Did you do any maintenance on it before you installed it?

Anoo21

How did you do the conversion on the front brakes to your st185? Install a bracket? Great build sweet choice of the st205 upgrade.

monkracing29

Shaggz00":pv75jrut said:
What happened to the old motor? After reading about the blasting media remaining on the head after it was already installed, I was like ummmmmmm...
Good call on the 205 motor. Did you do any maintenance on it before you installed it?
Well the 185 motor the crankshaft froze up nothing we did caused this it was from things the old owner did :shrug: and that blasting media we were able to get it out completely.
we put a new timing belt on new oil pump water pump changed gaskets

monkracing29

Anoo21":21sn8s3z said:
How did you do the conversion on the front brakes to your st185? Install a bracket? Great build sweet choice of the st205 upgrade.

for the 205 brakes we put on we grinded down the hub and caliper itself no brackets. shaved the rotors down a little so they are smaller. let me find all the measurements they are somewhere on one of the posts in the brake upgrade posts i will be updating this project tonight with new pictures lots of updates and adding a new project thread form 185 no. 2

monkracing29

More updates on the 92. Just got rear end parts back from powdercoaters

Rear brackets, rear struts, trailing arms, and other misc. Brackets.

Next we just got the rear end taken out and por15d

monkracing29

Among this got new exhaust. the mid pipe is the only thing going on this car. The rear axle back is going on the 90.

Ordered from eBay welds look great

Along with an hid retrofit that I have no photos of outside yet since the car is on jackstands.

More updates to come 205 rear end will be installed. When we the new axle back in hopefully this week.
Then back to the front of the car for battery and intake finishings