GT4-Racing.eu group buy (fiberglass replica rc bumpers)

anothergt4

The one bumper that is left cannot be bought because it's an import part I guess, I just got the phone call from my parts guy, I'm after one more lead right now we will see if it goes through. Fingers crossed.

monkracing29

anothergt4 there are 3 bumpers left in the US. 1 under one pt# and 2 under another pt# i cant remember them off the top of my head i have them written down in my car. Also the cheaper one is 280? and the other two are more expensive 370?

anothergt4

monkracing29":28oynoaj said:
anothergt4 there are 3 bumpers left in the US. 1 under one pt# and 2 under another pt# i cant remember them off the top of my head i have them written down in my car. Also the cheaper one is 280? and the other two are more expensive 370?

See I can't get a definitive answer on this, I have a lead on one more bumper that is not in California, the 280 one is the one I tried to get and got denied, I'm hoping I can get the other one, as it is not in Cali so maybe they will release it, if not I say we go Johnny Cash style and someone gets a job at the cdc in Cali and takes it out in their lunchbox. Obviously I'm joking just in case this somehow happens.

underscore

anothergt4":xmrjjov6 said:
The one bumper that is left cannot be bought because it's an import part I guess, I just got the phone call from my parts guy, I'm after one more lead right now we will see if it goes through. Fingers crossed.

Why would they bring it here but refuse to sell it? That's sounds pretty stupid. If you guys need a JDM VIN to try and get one you can use mine.

anothergt4

underscore":3rj0u6yp said:
anothergt4":3rj0u6yp said:

Why would they bring it here but refuse to sell it? That's sounds pretty stupid. If you guys need a JDM VIN to try and get one you can use mine.

They said they will not even release it to anyone in the us but I bet someone in canada could order it, I bet that's what it's there for.

underscore

Interesting. Has anyone tried telling them they're Canadian but want it shipped to a US address to save duty?

underscore

anothergt4":2vpb8fts said:
Just talked to my local Toyota there is one bumper cover left for 248.11 part number 52119-20926 and 4 crash bars left at 268 something part number 52021-20210. The bumper had a d after it stating they will be discontinued, I'd advise to order the last bumper I almost did just so I could say I got the last one.

The D should mean it's Super Red 2 (3E5), not discontinued. B is Bluish Grey M (182) and C is Black (202). I can only see the part number for the bumper with the license plate anchors which is 52119-20810 (different from what's listed here).

underscore

To quote viewtopic.php?f=20&t=39&hilit=+bumper&start=75

Gary ST165":o5n6a9eg said:
Corey Darling":o5n6a9eg said:
Does anyone know the difference between part numbers 52119-20926 and 52119-20929 for the RC bumper cover besides the price difference?

Thanks

52119-20810 is a RHD JDM spec ST185 RC bumper cover ( no head lamp washer jet cut outs)

and as i understand:

52119-20926 is a (LHD Euro ? ) spec ST185 Carlos Sainz Limited Edition bumper cover

52119-20928 is a (LHD Euro ? )spec ST185 Carlos Sainz Limited Edition bumper cover with cut out provisions for the head lamp cleaner jets

52119-20929 is a RHD UK spec ST185 Carlos Sainz Limited Edition bumper cover

52119-20930 is a RHD UK spec ST185 Carlos Sainz Limited Edition bumper cover with cut out provisions for the head lamp cleaner jets

And when I look up my car (JDM) I find three options:

52119-20810-B0 BLUISH GRAY M, 182
52119-20810-C0 BLACK, 202
52119-20810-D0 SUPER RED 2, 3E5

So it looks like there are a lot of possible part numbers, I just emailed my local dealer about all but the Euro ones.

klue

I've gotten the RC bumper up to last year with all the parts. The guy I used at toyota is not there anymore, so not sure if I still can.

As for the FPR made parts. They are DELICATE. they are truly racing parts and if you think that your going to mosy up and take a good lean on your FPR bumper, or sit on an FPR hood get ready to replace it.

Extremely lightweight but at a cost.

I'm working with gt4 on a regular basis. Everything so far has been good. But I have not ordered anything but sunroof panels in FPR and as I said it was very delicate install. The quality is good, fit is good.

underscore

My dealer can order them bt they aren't cheap (the markup they give me is absurd). But they do show that there is stock in Cali.

underscore

Also you guys should try googling the part numbers, a few sites are showing a bunch of US dealers with the Euro bumpers.

msanders2

Tried it. I've called at least ten different dealers when their website says they have them and they all say uhhhhhhhhhh, we can't get that it's a non import part. Then I go through the usual spill like why does it list on your site, do you know if there is a way around the import, do you know any way for me to get the part??? They all say NO, NO, NO.

anothergt4

Here is my latest reply from Paul just in case someone is interested in taking over the group buy.

Hello,
about fitting items on a pallette,
I think it will fit about 7 bumpers and 2 sets of fenders.
This is for a big size parts, about poluyrethane sets, I think about 20 boxes can be fitted with bumpers and fenders.
$560 price does not include customs fees.
Yes I can do some discounts but I will need to know exactly what parts will be ordered.

Cheers, Paul

So I am thinking the prices might be a little bit more because I was planning on 10 bumpers and I have not even considered customs fees, and I'm not sure how that works.