My 1990 Celica GT Four (RC Conversion)

FC Zach

Do those fit well? I really need some floor mats, I would like the Weathertech type but they only have universal for our cars. My ideal choice would be factory but we both know how S.O.L. I am with that and 7th gen mats have never crossed my mind. . . Interesting!

Redswan

FC Zach":1puwx5oe said:
Do those fit well? I really need some floor mats, I would like the Weathertech type but they only have universal for our cars. My ideal choice would be factory but we both know how S.O.L. I am with that and 7th gen mats have never crossed my mind. . . Interesting!

The fit well in the front, but they they are a little long in width in the back. It looks much nicer though.

hey, don't forget about me when you get tired of that TRD shift knob.

FC Zach

Ha Ha, I wont! I must try the 7th gen mats, did you get them new or used? just curious what I should expect to pay.

Redswan

Since the wheels are 48 offset they sat a little too far back for my taste. I decided to change up the spacers. I added +1" spacers to the front and +1.5" spacers to the rear.

14%2B-%2B1

14%2B-%2B2

the front is much more flush the rear is still a little off , but it looks better too.

Redswan

14%2B-%2B1

I took the car out for a family drive down old route 66 it drove great. No mechanical issues to speak of, but the old mother road was pretty rough on the OEM suspension.

Redswan

A couple updates for anyone still tuned in.

1. I was getting weird boost spikes, so I redid the hoses and it is at 12 PSI max now.

2. I also bought a HKS 120mm silencer that should be here this week.

3. I also ordered a Cusco 152 477 A Lower Arm Type II so hopefully that comes in soon.

type2139363816953113b196a746.jpg

I'm debating on what to do for the suspension. I replaced one of the rear shocks that blew a while ago. I used a salvaged OEM one, but I had a hard time finding one. I am sure that the other isn't too far off behind.

I also cleaned up under the hood tonight, but it needs some more work.

awiRmRP7Xpv1w9b1-bxwM53N_fAlbqmkD1s-XHFZfO4=w893-h502-no

Redswan

So the Cusco Type 2 Lower Brace 152 477 A came in today and went right on. I will get the car out this weedend and try it out

14%2B-%2B2

14%2B-%2B1

Redswan

So i had an idea last night that I need to get rid of some of the junk in my garage. I have an old OEM bumper for my 4runner with these projector fog lights. I wondered if maybe they would wire in and fit my RC bumper.

And they did line up pretty good behind it,

14%2B-%2B1

just the headlights

14%2B-%2B3

headlights and fog lights

14%2B-%2B2

Oncoming lights

...not too bad I guess.
14%2B-%2B4

Redswan

So...I bought this today. I can't wait to install it!

ST205 Torsen rear diff
ST205%2BTorsen%2B2.JPG

ST205%2BTorsen%2B1.JPG

Now if only I could get my hands on some coilovers!

Redswan

CMS-GT4":1l6b7z5m said:
How much are you looking to spend on coilovers?

It depends, I was trying to get a set of used Tein SS from a guy on here for under $700. If that falls through I was looking at the CX racing ones which are around that same price. If I can't find a good deal on a set I will just wait until I get back from this next deployment.

Hotrodhendrix

Redswan":q7x27x2k said:
CMS-GT4":q7x27x2k said:
How much are you looking to spend on coilovers?

It depends, I was trying to get a set of used Tein SS from a guy on here for under $700. If that falls through I was looking at the CX racing ones which are around that same price. If I can't find a good deal on a set I will just wait until I get back from this next deployment.

Lol we are in the EXACT same boat. Those Teins he is selling look a little rough but still a decent deal if not blown.
~James

CMS-GT4

I was kicking around selling my tein HAs but I have a hard time letting them go too cheap since they are fairly low mileage. If I keep them then I will likely extend my strut tower to lower the car more and retain suspension travel. It's hard to sell a part when you know you can't get near what they cost back out of them. I think they were 1600-1700 new. I need to call some places for quotes on doing the strut tower vs the cost of a new expensive suspension setup.

Redswan

Hotrodhendrix":23td0yqm said:
Lol we are in the EXACT same boat. Those Teins he is selling look a little rough but still a decent deal if not blown.
~James

James,

I am still waiting to hear back from that guy on a shipping quote. I'm hoping to hear back this week.

Redswan

CMS-GT4":2l0ydiji said:
I was kicking around selling my tein HAs but I have a hard time letting them go too cheap since they are fairly low mileage. If I keep them then I will likely extend my strut tower to lower the car more and retain suspension travel. It's hard to sell a part when you know you can't get near what they cost back out of them. I think they were 1600-1700 new. I need to call some places for quotes on doing the strut tower vs the cost of a new expensive suspension setup.

Josh,

let me know if you decide to part with them, i will put them in a good home.

Redswan

Mr Alltrac":hlbyfub1 said:
I thought you had an oem rc hood not a carbon fiber one.
No sir, VIS replica hood here. The dimensions and curves on it are pretty close and the CF looks black depending on the light. I think I will get it painted to match this summer.