throttle body buttery fly opening direction

mixer72

just wondering does it make that much difference in witch way the butterfly opens? just as I see it the air can only go out of the valves that are open and all so even though the turbo is blowing air in to the engine the piston is still sucking the air in like and N/A does, so carnt see it would make that much difference, but would like people thoughts on this

MWP

Errrrr what :twisted:
Im sure your trying to ask a good question, but your sentence makes no sense at all. Did you write this drunk?

anothergt4

Do our throttle bodies have the ability to go either way? I would assume one way or the other would increase velocity, but only because of the intake manifold.

klue

Would it change anything at WOT, no. But at small throttle increments yes the air flow would be distributed differently into the plenum. Better or worse? It would have to be tested

underscore

The stock setup is to have the bottom of the plate move towards the manifold and the top move away from the manifold, correct?

mixer72

underscore":1ouvgqke said:
The stock setup is to have the bottom of the plate move towards the manifold and the top move away from the manifold, correct?

yes in a stock centre feed manifold it does, but on the caldina fide feed the butter fly opens the other way, so was wondering would it make any difference if a 205 throttle body was use as this opens plate move towards the manifold and the top move away

mixer72

I run a st162 side feed on my 185 so was all so wanted to know, would any 1 have a computer program that could work this out?

From what I can tell just by looking which is not much, it appears they just flipped the TB opening to make the throttle cable mount easier for the side-feed TB. I am not sure if other factors played in more or less.