AMR Engineering Coilovers

CMS-GT4

Not a lot of the reviews look very good for customer support. Even one forum claims they caught them posting as a customer on a board they sell on. Some people give them good reviews for quality, but it seems there could be more features and hit and miss customer support. Not sure if I am willing to take the risk unless I can find more on them.

CMS-GT4

Looks like fortune offers the 500 and 510 are listed for the 185 on amazon. I sent them an email. They have a lot of add ons like swift springs and external resiviors. In my research I found that bc may have copied an older ohlins design. They make a high end suspension.

Opinions please....

I've always been hesitant on purchasing any "cookie cutter" coilovers that have such a wide model range of vehicles they are available for. Especially since i have been racing spec miata's in the SCCA for the last 8 years and being around so many legitimate race cars. At the track you almost never see shocks that have both threaded bodies for the spring and the body height. JRi, JRZ, Moton, AST, KW,etc all have just the threaded spring adjustment. I'm having AST's built for the ST165 but they are pretty expensive and i would have loved to have spent less but i don't need to lose a wheel or have a shock explode while on track at speed.... the consequent damage and or hitting a wall are way more costly than proper suspension....

CMS-GT4

I talked to Fortune and they said they only make a 205 coilover and have no interest in doing a 185 version at this time, which might mean ever.

CMS-GT4":nqlac8pv said:
I talked to Fortune and they said they only make a 205 coilover and have no interest in doing a 185 version at this time, which might mean ever.

Then they should talk to their distributors. A google search for fortune auto st185 coilovers shows the 500 series are available for our cars from a few vendors....

I too, have seen Fortune coilover distributors/dealers having an ST185 application and was considering them. Have we confirmed for sure that they currently do not have our application?

88st165

I contacted fortune auto earlier this year about a 165/185 coilover and they refused to make a set and take my money. Then I contacted Odi at Feal Suspension and he was more than happy to make me a set of 185 coilovers for my 165. Right out the box they felt great. On my local track (road corse) they made my car really feel composed and confidence inspiring. I didn't even change any settings except the height bc they were way to low out the box. I will make a post about them and some pics I took when I get a chance.

***For background the setups I've had on my 165:
Stock with blown rears
Intrax springs with gr2
Intrax springs with agx
Stock springs with agx
Megan racing coilovers
Feal 441 coilovers

***My comparison or baseline is my 2011 civic si on Koni \ ground control setup with moderate to high spring rates. This car is razor sharp on the track even with my old star spec z1s. I've had much more track time with this car so it is pretty dialed in. My Celica with the Feal 441 suspension felt almost as fast around the same track and I didn't even have a chance to dial it in. I had oil issues so now I'll have to go back to tracking my civic until I figure out the celica.

http://www.rallyracingsuspension.com/

bitterman

STAY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY!!!! VERY BAD REVIEWS with myg37 community. Andy was helpful and all but once the coilovers start showing problems, he stiff the people who bought them!

CMS-GT4

Yeah there are quite a few bad reviews for this company. I had been doing a lot of research lately, and it can be anything from taking 8 months to build to fitment problems. I have read good about the quality from those who actually have them, but the service is enough to keep me from taking the risk.