Downpipe hits the Dipstick

sarnodude

Hi Alltrac dudes and dudettes..

I have a 90 USDM ST185 with a Gen 2motor and a GT28 turbo.
The problem I have, I the downpipe hits the dipstick, and the only way to check the oil is to remove the oil filter. The PO installed the DP, the turbo and some kind of spacer plate.
What is the cheapest way to fix this? New DP or oil relocation kit or ??
Thanks in advance for al replies.

GT4_DRED

Its hard to say without seeing a pic of your setup (hint). In the past I've had to slightly bend my dipstick tube to get it out of the way. It was cheaper that way. HTH

FC Zach

The dipstick in my car hits both the downpipe and filter if its a tall filter. Not sure if a previous owner has moved the dipstick tube or not but I have no issues getting the stick out. It rubs but doesn't really prohibit it from coming out.

CSAlltrac

I would highly recommend to anyone with their dip stick contacting the DP to correct it. Heat transfers many ways and the radiation heat in our bays doesnt need any assistance or amplification. If your dip stick is touching the DP it is conducting heat right into your oil. I bent my dip stick as well as the dip stick tube to correct mine. Just dont get carried away with the tube or you will be replacing it when you kink it.

sarnodude

FC Zach":3mlsnoaf said:
The dipstick in my car hits both the downpipe and filter if its a tall filter. Not sure if a previous owner has moved the dipstick tube or not but I have no issues getting the stick out. It rubs but doesn't really prohibit it from coming out.

It's a Toyota filter, currently, and not very big. I would love to use a bigger filter, but not really possible withthis setup.
I'm going to take a pic and see if I can attach it. New to this site, so I'll have to figure it out.

Really appreciate the suggestions, though!