BC vrs HSD coilovers??

Twincam.22

Any advice on which is best? BC certainly have good name but HSD appear to be good and are bit cheaper too...anyone have experience of both?

klue

Twincam.22":2nwoy5c9 said:
Any advice on which is best? BC certainly have good name but HSD appear to be good and are bit cheaper too...anyone have experience of both?

HSD makes a good coilover very comparable to BC.
BC has more options, and no other company that I know of uses the inverted shock

underscore

I like my BC's, but the damper they chose for the rears seems a bit short IMO, so my RAM types have the adjustment knobs sitting quite high up (hard to reach).

Twincam.22

I went with BC's as just didn't have enough experience with HSD's. Hopefully will be happy with them....

anyone know if i'll need to change any other suspension links when i drop the car to stop inside tyre wear??

Twincam.22

No I'm in Ireland lads bought off a friend of mine who sells that stuff. .

I'm worried that when I lower I'll need to adjust suspension in some other way to stop camber wear. The front coilovers have adjustment on the top for camber but rears don't. .

underscore

I wouldn't worry about it, I got an alignment after mine were installed and they didn't have any problems getting it to spec. Also I'm pretty sure toe wears out tires more than camber does.

klue

Even when the rear lowers the camber is probably not more than -1.5 normal amount for a good street tire