ABS sensor removal?

UtahSleeper

Is there a special way to remove the ABS sensor from the front hub on a 165? Mine seems pretty tight in there and want to make sure I am not missing something before I start being rough with it.

UtahSleeper

Bump!

I know some of you have had to remove this at some point, or is there a plug I am unaware of that leaves the sensor in when removing the knuckle/hub?

underscore

There should be a plug up on the body, it might be tucked up in the fender plastic a bit to protect it. The sensor on the hub tends to really seize in there so avoid removing it if you can.

Lamont

UtahSleeper":4cmlyqzv said:
Bump!

I know some of you have had to remove this at some point, or is there a plug I am unaware of that leaves the sensor in when removing the knuckle/hub?

I removed these by spraying it with wd-40 for a couple days then it wiggled out, also there is a connection under the inner fender well where you can unplug the sensor and leave it in the hub. I believe it is the very center of the inner fender well.

If it is stuck you can tap it loose using a 10mm socket. It fits in the bore and allows you to
avoid destroying the little bar that sticks out and reads the ring on the axle. Dont fuss too much with
it on the bolted in/wire end except to help wiggle it loose. I have successfully removed > 6 sensors this way. Not sure if you can leave the sensor in to have new bearing pressed into the carrier/steering knuckle. I always removed the sensor before taking it to the dealership to have a
bearing/hub pressed in

___Scott___

On my other ST165 I just unplugged the sensor cable and took the hub to a shop to replace the bearings. They didn´t think there was any issue leaving the sensor where it was.