ST185 Charcoal Canister Toyota Code

Il_Barone

Hi!

I have to change my charcoal canister, but the Toyota dealer of my city can not find the code of the original replacement.

Can you help me?

I also watched on toyotamarket.ru but there's only the EGR picture. Not the canister.

It's a 1991 St185 All Trac.

Thanks for your help.

Daniele

yyonline

The charcoal canister is Toyota part number 77704-20270:

http://toyotamarket.ru/eu/252560/019/3/7701/2/77740/

Unfortunately, it has been discontinued and is no longer available for purchase (at least in the US, not sure if availability is different internationally - I'm assuming Genova is in Italy?). The good news is that it should be fairly easy to find a used replacement part, as all 90-93 Celicas use the same canister, even the 2wd Celicas (at least in the US, not as familiar with EU Celicas).

If you have a copy of the service manual, there's a few quick and easy tests you can do to check whether your current canister is clogged, and you can clean out the internal filter with compressed air. However, if the canister is clogged with fuel, you'll likely need a replacement.

See page EC-19 to EC-21:
http://discodan.org/gfx/celica/servicem ... ine/ec.pdf

alltracman78

Japanese cars used a different [smaller] canister than US cars.
They also used a slightly different system for the EVAP.
A picture of your canister/setup might help.

Il_Barone

Thanks for your help!

I was looking it in the "engine" pictures, not in the tank one :D :D

A new Canister (it's still available) costs 190€ (about 200$ more or less) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think i'll look for an used one :D

Il_Barone

Me again.

The code is 7775120270, i guess. You can see here http://toyotamarket.ru/us/252460/019/3/7701/2/77751/

I have the rubber hose broken. It cross the canister base but i don't know if it's sold with the base (7775120270) or if i have to buy it separately. In the second case, i can't find it in the pictures :shrug: :cry: :cry:

Here there're some pics of the base and the hose.

14tla1f.jpg

2a7fqtd.jpg

sx1vcw.jpg

nxoznq.jpg

Thanks.

Daniele

yyonline

The same thing happened to me when I replaced the charcoal canister on my Celica ST a few years ago. That hose is part of the canister base 77751; it's not available separately. USA and EU cars use the same charcoal canister base, which is no longer available from Toyota. So you'll have to find a used one from another 90-93 Celica.

Correction to original post, as it wasn't very clear: The hose is part of the canister base (7775120270). But that part has been discontinued by Toyota.

yyonline

If you still need this hose, I recently found one off a junked car. The hose is in good shape though. Shipping to Italy might be a bit pricey, but if you can't find one there it might be worth it. If you still need it, send me a message and we can work something out.

Il_Barone

yyonline":3755eawm said:
If you still need this hose, I recently found one off a junked car. The hose is in good shape though. Shipping to Italy might be a bit pricey, but if you can't find one there it might be worth it. If you still need it, send me a message and we can work something out.
Ok i'll send you a pm!