BC Racing coilovers?

CMS-GT4

I just got off the phone with BC. Their phone techs are better than their email techs.
So they will build me an inverted ER. It would be 2,500 though. They can also build a custom 3 way adjustable for 2,800 with a remote reservoir. The ER is progressive, and the 3 way they said can be tuned to be digressive.

CMS-GT4

It may be more than I want to spend though. I am looking at insert options for custom strut housings. I can buy BC lower mounts for $50 each, then I just need to find a slip on thread that can be used with them on the housings. I could then go with blisteins or something if I choose.

klue

I got a reply, each shock is valved to the spring rate. So if you change the spring rate they will revalve the shock accordingly 2-3 week build time. If anyone wants a quote send me a PM

CMS-GT4

Actually I think I might have gotten their custom Ram price wrong. Now I can't remember what they told me. I am just not sure if going to another linear system is going to be right for me. Klue, if you want to see what they would quote you for the ram setup, let me know.

MWP

CMS-GT4":3c1jxv7i said:
I just got off the phone with BC. Their phone techs are better than their email techs.
So they will build me an inverted ER. It would be 2,500 though. They can also build a custom 3 way adjustable for 2,800 with a remote reservoir. The ER is progressive, and the 3 way they said can be tuned to be digressive.

Interesting.
So it has high & low speed compression adjusters?

Or when they say "tuned", do they mean adjusting shim stacks?

CMS-GT4

klue":hvhvsdmo said:
The RM setup with inverted shock?

The custom RM. Two way adjustable with remote external canister and swift springs. It would essentially be a inverted ER. Inverting it would be due to fear of space for the cartridge so it would be remote.

I have been crunching numbers, and for me to do the Koni race with custom housings or bilsteins its going to be over 2k anyhow.

The only low buck high performance thing I could do is get 4 evo MR struts and pay to get two valved for the rear and add custom mounts. I'll still need to get rear top hats. Jeesh. This shit is getting expensive.

MWP

Good struts are not cheap :)

When you try to build a good set, you start to realise how generic and average quality the ~$1000 coilover sets must really be.
And also why top of the line struts are so damn expensive.

underscore

CMS-GT4":35860469 said:
It may be more than I want to spend though. I am looking at insert options for custom strut housings. I can buy BC lower mounts for $50 each, then I just need to find a slip on thread that can be used with them on the housings. I could then go with blisteins or something if I choose.

If you just want the lower threaded parts, CX Racing makes some cheap coilovers that have the threaded lowers. It might be worth seeing if they'll sell the parts you need separately, worst case they're only $700 for the set so you could take what you want from them and sell the other parts as spares http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mv ... _Code=COVR

CMS-GT4

If someone was near the BC FL office we might get some ER coilovers made. They just need a car to verify fitment.

CMS-GT4

Hic":1j80mohn said:
I have these, pics are on my website under products/bc racing.

I wll test these in next month.

These look cool by the way ;)

The pics are on the bottom, ST185 ER set.

http://www.thperformance.hr/proizvod/er-serija

I just saw this post, and it looks like the ER was made for the 185. I do wonder how it panned out.
I had spent a lot of time on the phone with fortune auto this week. They sent me drawings and were willing to sell me a 205 set with a different lower mount but none of their lower mounts are compatible with our spindles. If I was to use theirs, I would have to get a lower mount made or the one that comes with it modified as it needs to be welded to the super strut anyhow.