My 2005 4Runner 4x4 Rotrex Supercharged

Redswan

Though not an alltrac per say it is true to the Toyota 4x4 form. This is my 2005 4Runner 4x4 Sport that I have had since late 2010. My wife bought this while I was deployed and I have been putting work into it since I got back. This is my second 4Runner and I really like how it has turned out. I have built it for my off-road expeditions so that it will get me where ever I want to go and be able to sustain myself for days. I have put emphasis on the Camping gear, Suspension to take the abuse of the harsh desert and mountains. For performance I have added a Rotrex C30 Supercharger kit with a water to air intercooler from URD. I have put over 60K miles on it and it has been a great vehicle to me. I have always done my own work on my vehicles and I can proudly say that THIS IS MY BUILD!

4vRKrWDYD56ybWEUi9gHScLubGJPkaVY0bCiFAEhN-Y=w905-h509-no

k99gialcjRYXoOCd6zlyaZkqeNWzAAE9KXc1IL32q3U=w679-h509-no

c0d736d0-cc24-4b5a-9ef2-6eab46d6537e_zps5a9207c7.jpg

underthehood_zps1bb4814e.jpg

5b5a0829-9fe3-4f17-80ff-554abf062def_zps8b7c3289.jpg

fcfcb675-e6f5-457c-bdf9-b14631f0ad65_zps4df90dce.jpg

IMG_0177a_zps85520fb6.jpg

IMG_3158_zps3fe49437.jpg

IMG_3169_zps26cc9e19.jpg

0518131125_zps3433a41a.jpg

0428131738b_zpse926cef9.jpg

IMG_3973_zpsed9c3ddd.jpg

Engine:
-URD Supercharger Kit (Mk I)
-Rotrex C30 Supercharger
-Water to Air Intercooler
-URD 7th Injector Kit
-Amsoil Nanofiber Dry Filter
-Turbo XS Type H (BOV)
-Fumoto F103N Drain Plug

Suspension/Drivetrain:
-Icon 2.5 Extended Travel Coilovers w/ Remote Reservoirs (Preloaded 1.5") FRONT
-Icon 2.5 S2 Secondary Shock System w/ Remote Reservoirs FRONT
-Wheeler's Offroad Super Bumps Front
-Icon Piggyback w/Remote Reservoirs REAR
-Icon Rear Hydraulic and Air 2" Bump Stops
-OME 895 rear springs with AllPro Offroad 1.5 lift spacer on driverside
-Camburg 1.25 uniball UCAs
-Toytec Dif-Drop
-Toytec 1" Body Lift
-Total Chaos Spindle Gussets
-Custom Energy Suspension 6.5" Sway-Bar Links
-Specialty Products Cam bolts and Energy Suspension LCA Bushings (still waiting to install)
-Method Racing Standard 17x8.5 Wheels
-Toyo Open Country MT 285/75/17 (34x11.5)
-Centric/Stoptech Calipers
-Drilled and Slotted Brakes
-Metal-Tech extended SS Brakelines
-Derale D13503 Transmission Cooler
-1.5" wheel spacers F/R set

Armor/Recovery
-Shrockworks Front Bumper
-Warn M8000 Winch
-Warn Steel Hawse Fairlead (Black)
-Demello Offroad Hybrid Sliders
-Budbuilt Skids (Front, Mid, T-Case and Cross Member)
-Highlift Jack 48"
-Two Slime 40026 Heavy Duty Compressor Systems (onboard air)

Expedition Gear
-Front Runner Slimline Rack
-Front Runner Tree Top Tent (Recently added)
-Front Runner Dual Fuel Can Carrier
-Front Runner 10.5 Gallon Foot-well Water Tank
-Ring Auto 12v Shower Pump system
-Front Runner Camp Chairs (2)
-Campright 'Flippop' Secondary Tent
-Xtend and Climb 8' telescopic ladder
-5' Folding Table (Under Rack)
-Trasharoo Bag
-Husky Liners (Front and Rear)
-Custom DIY Carpeted Drawer set (1x Large and 1x Roller Top Short for fridge)
-Headliner Cargo Net (Rear)
-Dual Overhead Small Cargo Nets (Driver & Passenger) (From Land Rover Discovery)

Bling:
-Recaro Sport Black Leather Seats
-Recaro Probooster Child seats (Sable black)
-TRD Sports Lid (from a ZZT231 Celica)
-TRD Fuel Cap
-TRD Rock Warrior Shift knob

Electronics:
-ARB 50 QT Freezer Fridge (w/tiedown kit)
-Yaesu FT-1900 Radio w/ K400C mount and Dual Band Antenna
-Yaesu FT-270 Radio (Dismount radio)
-Cobra CB Radio (w/PA) and Midland spring magnet mount antenna
-Dual XDVD8285 (with Bluetooth and Backup Camera)
-Twin Phillips Headrest DVD Players
-120GB Harddrive for music
-PIAA 510 Fog lights
-Rack mounted 40" LED Light Bar (Exploration Outfitters)
-Garmin nuvi260 GPS
-Dual Battery Setup
-Optima Redtop Battery (Primary Battery)
-Optima Yellowtop Battery (Spare Battery)
-ScanGauge II
-Metal-Tech4x4 SRS weight sensor/manual switch (for aftermarket seats)
-VSC Off mod with FJ VSC button (diff lock switch off too)

underscore

Nice setup! I've been considering swapping out my Cherokee for one of these at some point in the next few years.

CMS-GT4

I am amazed that someone mods a truck to actually use it like a truck. Mostly people around here do vanity mods to feel tough, but never off road their trucks. Cool project.

Redswan

Thanks guys! I really got into 4runners when I had to sell off my celicas when the kids were born. The Sport Hood Scoop is alltrac-esk which reminded me of what I came up tuning.

Fast forward about 9 years and I have a celica again and get to teach the girls how to work on cars with it.

bajallama

Where do you go off-roading at in SoCal? I'm in LA most of the time and almost all of the trails have been closed now. Here's my runner, it's an 84 with a 5.3 LM7 swap from an 06 Silverado. Bunch of cool things, but too lazy to list.

10959482_10152979533275873_4185680930786417430_n.jpg

10891508_10152878004220873_7429157112425998666_n.jpg

Redswan

I am up by Barstow, so there is plenty of desert to drive in. I frequent Owens Valley, the Mojave Preserve and Death Valley.

RedCelicaTRD

Ugh! I wish there was somewhere to go down here in San Diego! My Rubicon is dying out here being a pavement pounder. However, I'd rather live in San Diego with no offroad then up by Barstow ;)

Redswan

RedCelicaTRD":zi8ymbpi said:
Ugh! I wish there was somewhere to go down here in San Diego! My Rubicon is dying out here being a pavement pounder. However, I'd rather live in San Diego with no offroad then up by Barstow ;)

Um... you have Anza Borrego. :p and Barstow is way better than SD(not)

celica_gtx

The plant off to the east of the main road turn down and go past the plant and the wash is right there. Real soft down there!! U can take it to the dry lake bed. Use to go shooting down there all the time..

The other pics in my thread are to the east of the road before you make the down hill pass and between old irwin road cut off. There should be a lil shade stand w maps. I trekked pretty far in there. and over by calico is pretty cool

RedCelicaTRD

Redswan":3oxc1djz said:
RedCelicaTRD":3oxc1djz said:

Ya, 60 miles away. I was spoiled in Idaho, 10 minutes to a bunch to trails that you could travel down for hours. I will have to quit being such a baby and head over to Anza Borrego. Any trails you recommend?

Redswan

celica_gtx":1byd11ub said:
The plant off to the east of the main road turn down and go past the plant and the wash is right there. Real soft down there!! U can take it to the dry lake bed. Use to go shooting down there all the time..

The other pics in my thread are to the east of the road before you make the down hill pass and between old irwin road cut off. There should be a lil shade stand w maps. I trekked pretty far in there. and over by calico is pretty cool

If its the washout for Coyote Lake I know what you are talking about. I have been down there quite a bit. Those other pics I think are the back side of the Calico mountains There are some neat places back up in there. i almost got shot once back in there. I drove in behind a spur and some jokers pulled up and started an impromptu shooting range while I was down range of them around the corner.

Redswan

RedCelicaTRD":30ml93gr said:
Redswan":30ml93gr said:
RedCelicaTRD":30ml93gr said:

Ya, 60 miles away. I was spoiled in Idaho, 10 minutes to a bunch to trails that you could travel down for hours. I will have to quit being such a baby and head over to Anza Borrego. Any trails you recommend?

There are plenty of marked trails back in there. I don't have any favorites in particular. I do like visiting the dinosaur sculptures in the desert outside Borrego Springs