Headlights/spotties... what have you done?

Eurus

For a 165 I recently upgraded my Hella H4 Conversion housing with Osram Cool blue bulbs. Dont have a good night shot, especially since they're angled weird. Definitely a huge difference though, and contrary to what the coating on the bulb would make you believe, they aren't blue.
I have a set PIAA Xtreme white fogs I need to install too. They seem to be the only fogs that should fit the stock location of a 165.

15369562783_16f55be19e_z.jpg

15963420776_2947a6c97a.jpg

FC Zach

Edit: Updated dead links of my Truck-Lite install on a previous page.

I also resolved this little issue (like ZeroDrift mentioned) I had with the install some time ago but forgot to update this thread. .
ZeroDrift":1kwg0t0b said:
Must say they work quite well- however with the low amp draw these have, the MR2 no longer has an operational hi-beam indicator lamp.

FC Zach":1kwg0t0b said:
Wonder how that can be corrected? ?

801Alltrac":1kwg0t0b said:
OMG :D that looks great, great work FC Zach
I knew they would look great, I wonder if there is a resistor would work

FC Zach":1kwg0t0b said:
I'm wondering if I could measure and record the ohms with the factory and new light installed then just buy a resistor sized close to the difference of the two? Does that make any sense? (It does in my head lol) Then do I just simply install it inline on the high beam wire?

801Alltrac":1kwg0t0b said:
That's what I think would work

MWP":1kwg0t0b said:
It wont.

You'll need to rewire the light in the dash.

What I did to fix this little issue: Instead of using a resistor I simply attached a small 194 bulb to each light.

FC Zach

For fog lights, I found some small LED accessory lights off Amazon for cheap. I made my own mounts to get them where I wanted them.
23596912603_e8170a899e_z.jpg

24197293646_273e9e68d8_z.jpg

fussellbug

What I did to fix this little issue: Instead of using a resistor I simply attached a small 194 bulb to each light.

Did you put the 194 bulb in series or parallel? Where did you physically put the bulb?

FC Zach

fussellbug":qwo4q8xf said:

Did you put the 194 bulb in series or parallel? Where did you physically put the bulb?

Parallel with the low beam lead, tucked the bulb (mounted in a socket with two leads) behind the Truck-Lite on the headlight harness.

underscore

Zach, what did you mount those LED pods to? The little tabs above those slots on the bumper cover or somewhere else?

FC Zach

underscore":keame8qb said:
Zach, what did you mount those LED pods to? The little tabs above those slots on the bumper cover or somewhere else?

I made aluminum brackets that I screwed onto the body with self-tappers.

FC Zach

underscore":1douyob6 said:
Any chance you have pictures? When I'm looking around back there I see a whole lot of nothing nearby.

If you zoom in, you can see the aluminum bracket screwed onto the body.
36580114165_4d9fc95e23_z.jpg