st165 cylinder head

drewtcook

Located in the Denver area, the shop its at now is able to do all the necessary repair work on the head. The crack isn't the worry with the new head I purchased however. I'll know if it's usable here soon. With the amount of money spent on my cylinder heads so far I could've had a 3rd gen engine on its way to my house. :wink:

drewtcook

back again. getting the head back either tomorrow or tuesday. had a quick question. whats the best way to resurface the block if its still in the car? i have a metal head gasket from cometic that going on. I know it needs to be glass smooth but whats the best way? I've only been using a razor blades on a handle for now. I've had a couple people tell me to just use the razor blades, but its taking forever. other people say to use wet sand paper, then others say that will damage it. any advice would be awesome!

___Scott___

It does not have to be glass smooth. You just need to get rid of any old gasket residue. After that you could just scrub it clean with ScotchBrite if you wanted to.

Just be careful to not make any gouges in the sealing surface and you'll be fine.