need your input!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kiko laser eyes

Hey fellows, I just replaced head gasket and missed placed timing belt cover. I just set to TDC and set cam hashmarks. It runs pretty good. Would like more power ofcoruse. I was wondering if there is another way to set crack. Like another mark or point to go by on the block cover. Thanks for any help.

zaluss

Without knowing what gen you have, I'm pretty sure that there is a little arrow that tells you TDC. Without the rest of the marks, you'd have to guess the ignition timing placement. I think stock is 10 deg BTDC.

http://imgur.com/MuGR2m3

kiko laser eyes

Its a 1990 alltrac with same era jdm engine. I think you set to 0 degrees, it read 10 degrees at start up , then settles down to 0 degrees. Thanks for response. Hey, I was wanting to use timing light. had a 3sge celica, belt would come off time to time. was easy to put back on. only once i noticed the timing off, idled fine, had no power.

___Scott___

You put the ECU in test mode with a jumper wire between the TE1 and E1 terminals in the test connector (at least on and ST165) then with the engine idling at about 750 rpm you adjust the spark timing to 10 degrees before TDC.

s.beckwith85

^^^Exactly. I didn't have time to go in to all the detail earlier.
You can use a small piece of wire, or even a bent paperclip works too.