• IMG_1773 (11).JPG
    IMG_1773 (11).JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 2,756
  • IMG950542.jpg
    IMG950542.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 2,756

CMS-GT4

Did you resolve your wheel dilemma?

EDIT: Are you doing a custom lower control arm? BTW I have some tte front tarmac specs if it helps.
caster 6.15' camber -2.45'
I know the t3 top mounts will get you a fair bit of caster, but like me you will likely need to add caster at the lca as well to keep the tire center.
My understanding is the TTE parts function in this way with top mount and lower arm both providing caster.

I'm interested in whatever advice you may have regarding the front suspension. At the moment it seems we're going to have to extend the lower strut brackets and modify the upper towers to move all 4 struts inboard 1 inch to run the 245's... Maybe raise front towers too for travel. Plus wheels can't protrude past upper fender/wheel arch opening so the clearances are tight all around...

mig welded...

Having spoken to some of the top national level guys in my class the level of development and investment in their cars is just rediculous! from sequential trans's to relocated suspension pickup points to multiple diff/final drive/gear ratios per weekend, ex grpA cars, ex world challenge cars... I'm definitely jumping into the lions den bringing a knife to a gun fight. lol

Sifu

Just curious. Could someone make an aluminum fuel cell that fits the spare or is there a rule that it has to be from a tested and reputable company? I only ask because that is something that I will be looking into. I just didn't want to cut out the rear trunk area.

Sifu":39bu5nuk said:
Just curious. Could someone make an aluminum fuel cell that fits the spare or is there a rule that it has to be from a tested and reputable company? I only ask because that is something that I will be looking into. I just didn't want to cut out the rear trunk area.

From an older rule book but you get the point...

"All cars must be equipped with a safety fuel cell complying with these specifications, except for Showroom Stock, Touring, Spec Miata, and Improved Touring. All safety fuel cells shall be constructed and certified in accordance with the FIA FT-3 or higher (FT-3.5, FT-5, etc.) specifications. All safety fuel cells shall consist of a foam-filled fuel bladder enclosed in a metal container at minimum."