My Battery is being overcharged

Killtodie

This just happened today, my battery is being overcharged. I got the batt light on the dash whenever I press the accelerator.

My idle voltage is 13.3V, and then I use the accelerator it jumps to 15v, and then steadily climbs almost to 17V.

My blower fan is louder, and moves more air, wipers are faster, windows go up and down almost twice as fast.
I had to drive with my defrost on to lower the charge. With defrost it was idling at 12.6v, and with some accelerator it hit 13.1

About a month ago I replaced my battery and alternator, I have a grounding kit running from the negative terminal to the alt, intake, two chassis points, and block.

This weekend I power washed my engine bay, the next morning my battery was flat. I thought I left a dome light on, so I charged it Sunday, and it was completely flat again Monday morning before work. I charged it for about an hour, got the car started. At the end of my work shift it was dead again. Got it jump started, went to Vatozone, got it load tested. Everything was green, it was showing recently charged 600 out of 850amps, no drain, no issues.

Been fine till today where its being overcharged, and lighting up my dash.

I figure I got something wet when I power washed it, so I'm gonna unplug the connectors and use a blow dryer on them, besides that what could it be?

underscore

You power washed something full of sensitive electronics, generally speaking that's inadvisable. Unhook everything from the alt and leave it to dry for a while, then see what happens.

Killtodie

underscore":22jqgdlp said:
You power washed something full of sensitive electronics, generally speaking that's inadvisable. Unhook everything from the alt and leave it to dry for a while, then see what happens.

Yup, I plan on doing that when I get home.
I do not have any undergaurds and so everything was covered in salt, and dirt from the winter.

I think maybe the voltage regulator went bad, the alt is a reman. While I did power wash the engine bay, I stayed clear of the alt, fuse box, dizzy, firewall.

mx6er2587

I think you're on the right track. Sounds like a bad voltage regulator on the alt to me. You can try to let it dry out but my guess is its dead and will need replaced.