Need 3" to 2.25" exhaust gasket

Killtodie

I have a 3" DP and a stock 2.25" exhaust.

I need a gasket that works between the two. So far I used a stock 2.25" gasket, but it does not seal well. It sits perfect on the exhaust part, but the gasket's OD is pretty much flush with the ID of the DP so there is nothing pushing it between the two and I have two major leaks. I was able to reposition the gasket a bit to eliminate most of the leaking, but I can still smell exhaust inside the car.

What can I do to make a good sealing gasket?
Is there any liquid exhaust gasket out there that will work?
Maybe like something in pic related to supplement the stock donut style gasket

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 0

underscore

Orange gasket maker was used for my down to midpipe gasket due to poor fitment and it held up great, I'd imagine anything rated for high enough temps would work.

RedCelicaTRD

You need an adaptor, not just a gasket. Aussie used to include them with their downpipe and I'm not sure where else you could get one. Also, there are sealants that can handle exhaust temps, you had to use it with the Aussie adaptor. The adaptor was basically glued to the downpipe with rtv and then a stock Toyota gasket was used on the stock exhaust side if I remember right.

yyonline

Something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Hedman-21100-Coll ... B000CO9BVI

There are other brands out there, too. This is just the first one Google turned up.

You'd have to get an exhaust shop to weld it on, though. If you're in souteastern PA, I can recommend a good exhaust shop, but it shouldn't be too hard to find a half-decent exhaust shop anywhere. The shop I use would probably charge about $20-30 to weld it on, but they're on the cheap side. They don't do cheap quality work, though.