Gt3071r or Gt2876r

Empiremen

Hi guys,

I'm looking to change my turbo and I was wondering wich one of both Gt3071r or Gt2876r would be better for my use on a St205.

My goal is 350hp or 300whp on the long run and I'm looking really for like an weekend warrior. Kinda civilised in daily drive and kinda fun on the track. I want my boost at 3250 aprox and able to keep up until 6500 rpm and I'm planing to boost at 18psi right now and maybe a bit more in the future.

If you have any suggestion, I'm quite open but I would really like to stay in the Garrett family since I have good deals on them.

Attachments

• Garrett.jpg
    Garrett.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 3,714

aus jd 2703

I have a gtx2876r and it holds 20psi to 7500, but im only making 260awhp... I suspect the mapping is very conservative.

its a lot laggier than I expected or should be. so if were you id go the 3071.
ill report back if I work out why my car is so laggy and low on hp....

mx6er2587

I run a gt3076 with a a T25 sized exhaust housing. Spools quick and makes good power. A bit restrictive on the top end.

If you're looking for 300 at the wheels I would go for a gt30 over the gt28

mx6er2587

400 at the wheels or crank? Based on my own build I would guess a gt3076R would give you close to 300awhp at 18 psi. So about 400 crank. I don't think you could get near 400 at the wheels with 3076 without running 30 psi.

klue

gtx2876 should have you in that range, gt30 frame will do the same but with less boost

MSG me if you need any pricing. I sell all the options, polished housings, Tial SS exhaust sides and all the side dishes
blow off valves, wastegates oil line kits :)

Empiremen

Right now, I'm waiting for a Gt2871r! Of friend of mine have good price with Garrett [emoji14] But, if I need anything like blowoff valve or anything, I will MSG you!

klue

Empiremen":2wdyjyrb said:
Right now, I'm waiting for a Gt2871r! Of friend of mine have good price with Garrett [emoji14] But, if I need anything like blowoff valve or anything, I will MSG you!

good choice! cheers man

black88alltrac

2871 and 2876 are horrible matches, too big a compressor for the exhaust wheel and worse housing that will choke up top, 2876 is also what was called gt2540r when it first came out, it's a terrible turbo. why would you match a compressor so big with such a small exhaust wheel, there is a reason the gt3076 is so much better and the efficiency rating is much higher on garrets website. i have more experience with turning mr2s than celicas but 400whp is normal for 18psi and pump gas on dynojet, this is my first celica, after a road trip to alaska i will probably put a 6266 on my st165 like i did for my mr2.