Manually put up window

Killtodie

My passenger side window motor is dead, its getting power, but wont go up. How do I manually put the window back up??

also, anyone selling a passenger st165 window motor?

yyonline

Without disassembling the door, you can't. The window regulator has teeth that are held to the motor drive gear. You can try to lift up on the glass as you use the motor. This will at least take some of the load off the motor so it won't have to work as hard. You may have to raise it an inch or two at a time until it closes, giving the motor time to cool off between uses. There are aftermarket window motors out there that will fit. You may have to solder or crimp the old connector on to the motor. Good luck!

Killtodie

I already have the door apart. I tried supplying the motor 12V, nothing though. Wont move. Either some connection went bad inside the door, or the motor is completely dead.

Killtodie

How do I remove the window motor? Its attached to the regulator. FSM shows how to take everything apart, but has no mention of the motor.

Do I need to remove the glass, the tracks, and the regulator to get to the motor?

yyonline

Correct. Motor is attached to the regulator. I usually unbolt the window from the regulator and let it sit inside the door. Then unbolt the regulator from the door and maneuver it out. I think from Toyota the motor and regulator are only available as an assembly. But you can usually unbolt the motor from the regulator and replace it. Some models motors are riveted on. If that's the case you'll have to drill out the rivets and replace them with new rivets or screws or bolts. It's been awhile since I've been inside the Celica doors so I don't remember what the motor is attached with. And my Celicas are 5th gens so it may not be the same as the 4th gens anyway.

Killtodie

Thanks.

I got the motor out. had to take everything out with it.

Motor was attached with 3 hex screws, I believe it was replaced before. its not oem.
I bought a new motor on rockauto, mine is seized.

SimplyAtun

I just finished replacing my passenger window. Not sure if this was your issue since you disassembled your door but, I learned that the motor wont complete it's circuit (even from the drivers side) unless you have the switch plugged in.

Replacing the window big pain in the butt because I had to assemble all of the window hardware while it was in the door, and the furthest mount point towards the back was the biggest pain in the ass and only accessible by someone with tiny ass hands. All-in-all though it wasn't too bad and now I have a new window... :) I need to double check however, the alignment is off in the back so I am thinking maybe I put the motor bracket on the wrong side of the window, causing it to bow out leaving a gap on the lower external seal in the back, while the front is perfectly flush.

Killtodie

Update:

I got it all done, turned out the motor had shorted out cause the wiring rubbed, and the insulation tore. I just relubed everything and put it back in. Window goes up MUCH faster now, I kinda wanna take the driver side apart and relube everything there.