Project-Heartbreaker 215/205 mash up

soarer.jzz30

Yeah cms it all happened recently, the Mercedes was totalled and I have $1000 check coming from his insurance company. He seriously did almost no damage and his is totalled now. So that's why I am purchasing bc's and repairing it myself. A testimony to the strength of these cars build quality.

Thanks pinto! I'll have everything squared away soon enough. Going to get a turbo rebuild and changed to billet parts.

Glad to see it survived! These cars seem to attract damage. I may have seen one 5th gen Celica in person that had zero body damage. Probably upwards of 3 dozen dings on mine. I am almost happier with it like this so I do not have to have a heart attack every-time I go to the store and get another door ding. Cars are for convenience to me I park as close as possible. lol
The maintenance hog level of these cars is just insane, spend all the money you can and two weeks later you will need another 500 bucks. I hope you can endure! Once you replace basically everything then its a little downhill from there.
Almost makes it more enjoyable when it actually all works though, glad you are able to enjoy it at-least!
Can't wait to hear your experience with the BCs. How low are you going to go?

MWP

FYI... 8ohm speakers are not really suitable for a car.

If your head unit is rated for say 40W into a normal 4ohm car speaker, it'll only be able to output 20W using a 8ohm speaker.

soarer.jzz30

They sound great so I'm OK with that. I may update this thread. Tons of work happening and news with the car, I just don't care to post much lately.

Car is coming along really nice!
Who rebuilt that turbo? What are the specs on it?

And where did you get those skins for your seats? They look really good.

soarer.jzz30

Thanks sir, I don't post much about its story as its been through a lot, I wish I would more.

The seat skins were from a nice kid I met on fb, he found them in a junk yard and I got them for 115 shipped. Decent shape but not perfect by any means. I have some installed already and it's awesome

soarer.jzz30

The turbo has been rebuild and a new comp wheel installed with extended fins and is slightly larger in and ex. Exhaust was worked over as the wg door was too. Spring tension on the actuator was slightly increased. Should be good for 24 psi because of the anti surge

93cc

Hum... ok... well I think I have seen post were you talk about both skirts... if you installed the convertible skirt I'd like to know any details youre willing to share