Where are the st165 exhaust options?

BlackDragon

I want to put a full 3 inch system in the car, but I can't find any for the St165. I can't for the life of me find a manufacturer that still makes the 3 inch down pipe with the right flange. Some of the eBay ones say they fit, but it's a 6 bolt flange, so that is bs. Does anybody know of one still being produced?

At least It seems like mid pipe and muffler are usable from an st185. But even then, options are super limited. I'm only finding obx or hks. And one guy makes a mid pipe for a huge chunk of change. That's all I'm finding.

Anybody know of something still being made that is maybe obscure to find?

underscore

I know there's a guy on eBay that makes CT flanges, so worst case you could probably buy a cheap 185 downpipe, cut the flange off, and then weld it to the new 165 flange. For the midpipe you might be better off just getting an exhaust shop to do it as it's pretty straightforward. For the rear there's a few options but they've been dwindling over the years.

BlackDragon

I emailed berk and ats to see if they can make one. Everything is exactly the same but the flange, somebody has to want my money, lol.

Has aussie closed down? None of their info works

freddie

I found myself in a similar position with my 165.
I purchased a ST185 downpipe. Ordered a SS 4 bolt flange from the UK. they are made for a Landcrusier diesel
which also uses the CT26 Turbo. I then cut off the original flange and dressed the pipe out to suit the new flange.

Now comes the tricky bit. The turbo on a 165 is positioned higher than the 185. They have a different exhaust manifold.
So the down pipe has to be lengthened by about 60mm.

I got a short piece of 3" SS pipe. I cut the down pipe added the extra length, with wire and bits of steel I made a jig to hold it all
together, Then I took it back to the exhaust fabricator (who I got the bit of pipe off) and he welded it up for me. It fitted perfectly
no big deal.

Fitting a 3" SS exhaust made for 185 to a 165, it will fit but not the best. The 185 is about 100mm longer, so the 2nd mufler is
hard up against the rear body under panel. Again I chose to have the mid section pipe shortened and the joining flange re-welded on.

The exhaust system has been on my car for about 3 years now with out any problems or corrosion.

By the way, if you cut or file SS make sure the file or hacksaw is clean, free from steel filings. If you get a steel particle in a stainless
steel weld, it will rust.

Fred