ST165 owner in Adelaide, Australia

marcel888

Hi,
ST165 owner from Adelaide, Australia here. I have one 1986 red one that i'm in the process of putting in a ST205 motor in, and one white 1989 model with coil overs which is more of a weekend car.
I've owned the red one for a while now and progress has been very slow (or non existent) in last 4 years but hopefully will be track ready by the end of the year.
I will start a build thread soon once I find all the pics.

Cheers,
-Marcel

marcel888

MWP":2tw2q9wb said:
Greetings fellow Adelaidean :)

What kind of track driving are you interested in?

Anything really, i've never done any track days before, I bought my first 165 about 7 years ago with the intention of making it a track car but unfortunately I injured my wrists at work and wasn't able to work on it for a while until recently. I'll have to see how I go, probably nothing too enduring.

MWP

Oh right, well its great to hear you can finally start to work on them again.

For something easy on your wrists, doing a Collingrove hillclimb day might be a good first thing to try.

The next OzGymkhana (Tailem Bend) on the 26th of July.
IMHO its one of the more fun & cheaper forms of motorsport in Adel at the moment.
Come out for a look if youre interested. If all goes well, ill be entering my 185.

freddie

G'Day from WA. (Western Australia)

How are you guys going? Freezing your butts off? It is a bit cool here in the West, but nothing like what the east coast is going through

I have a white ST165 and a black ST162. The 165 will soon be getting a ST205 transplant engine, transmission, Rear LSD diff and 205 brakes.
I have had the half cut stuff for about a year know and have been gradually cleaning it up. I plan to get the 20b turbo gas flowed etc and install
a Autronic ECU and Direct Fire CDI. Other than that the engine will remain basically stock. Should be good for about 350bhp.

The Black ST162 I will probably put the left over 165 engine and left over bits into it. I will use an MR2 Turbo gearbox for FWD.

Cheers
Fred