3SGE intake manifold on a 3SGTE??

Nice... that's what mine looks like and I did it before I seen it on all-trac.net. I been saving a n/a intake and cams for this conversion for 5 years.. :crazy:

I have a 88 GTS 3sge head and the side mount intake mounted on a 88 3sgte block. I could use some help on connecting every thing up on the intake. Is there some one that could help me out with all the hose connection on the bottom of the throttle body? Which ones are water and vacuum and where specifically each one goes to what.
Jack

The big 1/2 inch vacuum on the right side of t/b is the idle control it goes to the air flow meter tube or inlet to turbo. The water line on the left side of the t/b goes to the thermostat housing the right side one goes to the heater hose tubes. There both 3/8 hoses. The little vacuum on left side goes to the valve cover tube. Any more help let me know mine runs beautiful. :shoots:

Can I use a 3sgte valve cover on this 88 3sge Head or do I have to stay with the two 3sge covers?
I kind a want to use the 3sgte one because it is powder coated. The others are just stock gold color.

I can tell you that the valve cover gaskets are the same. The difference in the heads is the gte has different cams and it has extra tabs on the head for the intercooler. Set it on the ge head and see if the bolt holes line up It should fit. The na cams are bigger atleast mine where and work awesome.

I was told that the 3sge cams give you about 10 hp. more over the 3sgte ones. So I'll check and see which I will be able to use.

Brute Killer was the one who did my build and also guided me through some awesome mods. He said he would do my build write up, but since he moved back home to N.Y. and working as a mechanic along with two babies and a wife. He doesn't have much time to punch keys on a key board.

Some day I'll get it back together. Jack

I can't tell you h.p gains on the cams.lol I have a no name stamp or numbered n/a head I stole the cams from. The intake cam was about .006 inc bigger and the exhaust was .010 inc. It feels like more h.p before boost to me at 12 degrees of timing. Took me a month motor pulled n striped down to short block 185 head 89 n/a cams and intake n header ct26-16g and 3" dp clutch and all seals.. :D

If you can help.. how I can wire my fuel pump relay wiring to send 14 volts to my new aeromotive 340lph pump I installed. It runs but the directions say to hook a wire from the alternator to a relay and then to the pump. I can't find the info

Give me a few days to look up what brute killer had me to do so that my engine as 14+ pressure at all times. No gas starvation from start up to shut down.

I'll post up every thing he gave me.

Jack

"Fuel Pump Relay Mod."
The fuel pump relay in the st165 is located on the rear firewall behind the inlet manifold and is clearly labelled ...there is a yellow connector just below it... locate the wires that go from the connection to the relay... Bridge [cut] the blue with orange stripe wire with the blue and black stripe wire...This will insure fuel pump receives 13.5 volts all the time... Job done.

Unplug the resistor box [finned box] at the top drivers side corner near the windshield or leave it plugged in, it doesn't matter, it is being by passed.

Just leave the Fuel Pressure VSV. it has a round yellow conn. that comes right out behind and below the passenger side of the intake many. Just leave it unplugged.

The TVIS VSV, The Turbocharging pressure VSV, can be left unhooked, [IF] they have been removed.

02 sensor and the turbocharging pressure sensor, YOU must leave in.

Do you know about setting your intake cam one tooth before the timing mark and the exhaust cam one tooth passed the timing mark. This will open to let more gas air mixture in and also allow more exhaust out.

Ok that is all brute killer gave me, hope it works for you.

buffalohunter7321

Much appreciated. I knew it was easy i just didn't want to fry my ecu or something else. You should put a sticky up for this mod it isn't on here anymore.... thanks allot for the advice.... do you live near seattle wa.

I see your signature says 7321 is that a 88 st165 body number. my 88 st165 hard top dark blue pearl is 7301. If it is your body number are cars are 20 cars apart on the assembly line.

That's bad ass I didn't think about it that way.lol oh yea running 10s. I seen a black st185 on YouTube that ran 11s was that you. I like the 4wd burnout launch it did and want mine tooo...im drag racer also that video made me get one..

Not me, I only have two 88 trac's. One has a main bearing knocking and 'The Black", I am still trying to get it back together.
As for "The Blue" I am going to convert it to be an all Electric car. No more gas fore that car. With the Electric Motor I am putting in it. It should be quite quick with around 1200 ft. lb. of torque on 4 wheels. Just hope the axles can handle it.

That's cool. I've helped build a couple electric cars one called "coco loto" and the 280zx turbo "silver bullet" and the "dragon rose" drag bike that hold world records.. father time was are teacher and friend sad he is gone now... hope it works out for ya I've hear the tranny can hold 800 hp not sure on torque.