Head Light washer retrofit

murrayst185

Hello People. Was wondering if anyone has added the headlight washers to their st185. I finally got my hands on a CS bumper which has the nozzles. I have seen a switch for inside the cabin on eBay but obviously there will be wiring, relays and possible different washer bottle with extra pump/ different pump. My 185 is early jdm import that never had the option. Any info or parts required would be a great help. Want to keep it looking stock inside the cabin at least with the switch at least!

murrayst185

I think it was on the euro / UK models as an option. Don't think it was ever available on the jdm s. I could be completely wrong though!

underscore

When I was looking a bumpers it was a Euro-only option, as far as the tank with the extra pump I assume it's the same setup the RC's used for the intercooler sprayer.

fussellbug

The image below is from the Toyota EPC and shows the system layout. It appears that there is an extra pump connected to the windshield washer reservoir. The reservoir is probably a different part number with an extra hole for the second pump, but I'm sure you can find a way to make yours work.

The part numbers in the drawing correspond to those listed here on ToyoDIY:
http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_1991_TOYOTA_CELICA_ST185L-BLMQZG_8505.html

To sort out the wiring, it would be best to try finding a European All-Trac wiring diagram book.

Good luck with the project! Let us know how it turns out.