post your car

Msanders:
How did I know this would excite you haha.
I'm gonna be swapping out timing belt, tensioners, water pump and cam seals hopefully within the week or so. Then it should be set for the trans swap and alignment.
Then within a month I should be sending it off for paint if everything goes as planned.

MooseBerg

11178338_10152641609835834_5833320788986832747_n.jpg

11178259_10152641609595834_1397784829724310836_n.jpg

My Turbo 4WD, nothing special done to it... yet.

GT4times2

bluescapegoat":g2gpgqwt said:
brzalltrac_zpseigork3l.jpg

Picked this car up from a listing on this site earlier this year, had to trailer it from MN to OH.

It's a complete basketcase

Looks good. Very clean. Looks like mine. Now, why do you call it basketcase? What's wrong with it? Wheel specs too please!! :D (ET, wheel and tire sizes)

msanders2

Looks like mine too! I remember that listing because I tried to get him to sell me the RC bumper cause I wouldn't have had to paint it.

bluescapegoat

GT4times2":235905fb said:
bluescapegoat":235905fb said:
brzalltrac_zpseigork3l.jpg

Picked this car up from a listing on this site earlier this year, had to trailer it from MN to OH.

It's a complete basketcase

Looks good. Very clean. Looks like mine. Now, why do you call it basketcase? What's wrong with it? Wheel specs too please!! :D (ET, wheel and tire sizes)

Some people are far less picky than I am... like the guy I bought it from, no offense to him. The photos make the car look much better than it does in person.

Just about every panel is dented and scratched, bumpers were not painted well, fenders were spray painted to cover chips at some point, seats and center console need reupholstered, carpet is garbage, power antenna is missing, clutch doesn't fully disengage, parking brake doesn't work, fuel sender unit needs replaced, stereo doesn't work at all, window tint is bubbling and purple, exhaust is beat to hell and looks like it was fabbed up blind, also held on with bungee cords and the downpipe is rubbing the oil pan. Intercooler piping is rubbing a hole in the radiator. Very loud suspension clunk in the rear under left/right uneven load like pulling in a driveway. I haven't had it on a lift yet to check it out.

I had to drive it full throttle to keep it from stalling out, belching smoke and backfiring. Fastest I got it on test drive was around 30 mph. Got stuck a couple times not able to get it into gear. I told him I was just going to go back to Ohio cause I couldn't possibly give him what he was asking for it. He said he had another buyer willing to pay full price, but he still negotiated and I ended up with the car for a good price.

So far I did a full tune up, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, valve cover gasket. New knock sensor and rewired it.

Still running on 3 cylinders. #4 not firing. Getting spark. Pulled injectors and had WitchHunter service them. They were all good. Went to reinstall them and I seem to be missing the #4 fuel rail isolator... I don't know if I lost it or it was missing all along and that's why it was only running on 1-2-3. Also all top injector o-rings are missing, although I'm not sure how important those are. Either way, I ordered all the new seals and o-rings today and hopefully I can slap it all back together tomorrow or saturday. If that doesn't fix the problem it's time to start looking at electrical.

Once it's running right I'll start tackling the other mechanical issues. Get all that sorted, then it'll go to the body shop. I'm not sure if I'm going to have it repainted the same color or not.

As for the wheels, I know they're 17"... x8 maybe? Don't know offset, but it has 25mm spacers on rear.

Bald 225/45 tires.

When it comes time for paint and body work I'll be revisiting the wheels/tires to ensure I pack as much meat under there as possible.

bluescapegoat

msanders2":127fs100 said:
Wow, yeah sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Paint it back Medium red pearl! There's not many of us left.

Yeah, I'm so conflicted. There really can't be more than a handful of them left, but although it looks good it's not my favorite color on a 5th gen.
I'm really partial to a deep gunmetal or deep glossy white.
I will probably end up honoring the color and repainting it the same, however. Maybe with a twist of some sort. I figure that's a year or two off right now.

CMS-GT4

From experience of having an alltrac painted other than its original color I suggest sticking with the current color. It'll be much cheaper and the car has a better chance of being uniform. I still have areas I find red on mine. Others may never see them but it still bugs me.