Exedy Clutches

freddie

Any of you guys used Exedy Clutches in your Alltracs/GT4s?

Are they good, average or crap?

I am thinking of using their Ultra Fibre clutch with my 205 transplant (into a ST165).
The car will be basically a DD with some club fun on the weekends. I am looking at
a maximum of about 350bhp out of the engine.

I can't find any info on the rating of their pressure plate/clutch cover. The brochure
talk about kits, stage 1, stage2, standard, heavy duty, extra heavy duty, and so on.
I have tried their online help line with no luck.

Can anyone give me some help hear please. Yep I'm in Australia.

Cheers
Fred

FC Zach

I had an Exedy stage 1 in my car installed by the previous owner, it failed. The pressure plate was damaged. Due to the fact that the clutch had very little miles on it from the previous owner I was a little hesitant about ever buying another Exedy product but there's no telling what the previous did or what mechanic did or didn't do.

I gave the company another shot and purchased the Exedy stage 2 for my almost all stock AllTrac that I use as a daily. I was hesitant toward following through with the purchase of this model because it wasn't until after it arrived at the shop that I found it was a three puck design. From previous experience with this design, having had an OS Giken pucked clutch in my RX7, I have never hated a clutch more! I gave it a shot anyways and to my surprise I absolutely love it, believe it or not I think the pedal pressure/feel is better than the stage 1.

Here's the specs for the stage 2:
http://www.exedyusa.com/oe/Clutch_Specifications

88st165

I have an exedy stage 1 along with an ebay LFW ready to go into my white 165 when I get a chance. I've heard many good things about exedy stg 1 so I figured I'd give it a shot.

lumbercis

I've used the three-puck and twin disk in two different alltracs. Both of them have held up very well. Exedy/Daikin is an OEM supplier so have to meet certain quality standards that other smaller manufacturers don't. Doesn't mean they'll always be perfect and but I trust their manufacturing standards more than some other company's.

aus jd 2703

Running a cushioned button with hd pressure plate dunno what stage that is but its good. Takes launches at 5k and occasional clutch kick in its stride. Running 20psi resulting in 260awhp