New Member from the Northeast

AcMav

Hey Guys,

I just joined up here in hopes of finding a St185 project car. I'm just finishing up a 3 year frame off renovation of a 1974 Corvette and am hoping to find something new and 4wd to do next! Having a 74 Corvette as your only car here in Massachusetts isn't the most convenient. I've always been a fan of the Rally Celicas so I find myself here to gain some knowledge because if the Corvette taught me anything putting a car back together is not easy. Let me know if you want to see pictures of the Corvette but be nice, she doesn't have paint or an interior yet...

-AcMav

AcMav

I'm in Boston proper. Not the most convenient for working on cars. I borrow space outside of the city on the weekends for my projects.

alltracman78

Yup, that's one of the reasons I don't live in Boston. I can't afford the room. :p

What do you do, ride the T around til the car is done?

Post up some pics.

AcMav

Yeah I'm stuck using the Mbta. Not the end of the world, I went to college here in the city and haven't been able to shake it yet. I need to move somewhere with a garage eventually or I'm going to go crazy. The car isn't coming into the city ever, going to rent a garage and ride it on the weekends and for trips. I wouldn't risk it with all the time and effort I've got in at this point.

This is where she started about 3 years ago now. It was my Father's car but the front main seal went on the motor and once it was pulled it never saw the road again. This was in 82 if I remember correctly?
l9L6uJh.jpg

From there I srated work on the car, the interior needed to be gutted as it was moldy and there was surface rust everywhere. So I did the logical thing and pulled the body off the frame.
9D1JRuc.jpg

Frame was tank coated in POR15 to get the interior and exterior of the frame rails. Swapped from leaf spring suspension to adjustable coil-overs on all four corners. Also jumped up to some Wilwood 6 pots in the front, 4 pots in the back. This was the day we rejoined the body to the frame for the first time.
IJxsQz5.jpg

Here's another picture of the car, post reunion. The Engines a 1971 LT-1 crate engine, pre-emissions so I've escaped a lot of the crap the Vettes of this era get. She's originally an automatic as my dad liked to drag race, but its now got a Tremec TKO600 behind the motor.
FiUIwDF.jpg

At this point I got the stupid idea to widebody the thing, because apparently offset trailing arms weren't enough. So I swapped out the 295's I had managed to sneak under the rear for 335's and the car's currently getting some flares fit to it. Here's a picture of the rear tires just for size.
Xw4nKut.jpg

Last but not least is a video of the day we got it started. I let my father have the honors of starting it as it was his car. If you're wearing headphones be warned, it's an older small block chevy with no mufflers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5QbIdOFWlQ&list=UU3ag3UmIY8SNMC_LldQxhmA