New 91 Alltrac - Just hit

Q-Ball

Hey all,

I've been in the Celica scene for nearly 16 years now, driving my GT-S for most of those years. 2 months ago, I acquired a 91 White Alltrac with 94K miles on it. Sure enough, I get t-boned by a guy who claimed he never saw me waiting in the middle of the intersection to make my left turn.

Question is, how do I go about getting this fixed correctly? I stopped by a few places already and they said industry standard these days is water based paint with clear. I understand the OEM paint is single stage. Any advice on how I should approach this? The paint on my car isn't crazy shiny, so if the repaired area gets new paint, it will look off, right?

Also, should I be careful with going to an over the top type shop? If their estimate comes out extremely high because they "want to fix it right" there would be a good chance of totaling out the car, which is the last thing I want to happen.

Thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!!

mx6er2587

if that rear quarter panel is pushed as much as it looks the car is probably "totaled" no matter where you take. I can't image the insurance will want to payout to have it fixed correctly.