post your car

FC Zach

CMS-GT4":3k16s7at said:
From experience of having an alltrac painted other than its original color I suggest sticking with the current color. It'll be much cheaper and the car has a better chance of being uniform. I still have areas I find red on mine. Others may never see them but it still bugs me.

Same here! For the longest time I didn't want to pop my hood because when the previous owner had the car repainted the engine bay was left untouched and didn't match, that bugged me!

msanders2

bluescapegoat":3ve4si9s said:
msanders2":3ve4si9s said:
Wow, yeah sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Paint it back Medium red pearl! There's not many of us left.

Yeah, I'm so conflicted. There really can't be more than a handful of them left, but although it looks good it's not my favorite color on a 5th gen.
I'm really partial to a deep gunmetal or deep glossy white.
I will probably end up honoring the color and repainting it the same, however. Maybe with a twist of some sort. I figure that's a year or two off right now.

When I first got the car, I'll admit It wasn't my favorite color. I really wanted white or teal. But over the years it has grown to become my favorite. And I'm really glad I got a mrp car.

Strangest thing about 6 months ago I bought a Camry All-trac that is Medium Red Pearl. I have never liked red but I have to admit its already grown on me so much I am thinking about keeping it that color too! Beautiful color. :shrug:

GT4times2

bluescapegoat":87w1k8vf said:
msanders2":87w1k8vf said:
Wow, yeah sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Paint it back Medium red pearl! There's not many of us left.

Yeah, I'm so conflicted. There really can't be more than a handful of them left, but although it looks good it's not my favorite color on a 5th gen.
I'm really partial to a deep gunmetal or deep glossy white.
I will probably end up honoring the color and repainting it the same, however. Maybe with a twist of some sort. I figure that's a year or two off right now.

I felt the same for a while. I wanted to do a color change, but after listening to others (Josh, included), I decided to keep the factory color. That's after debating for over a year. The thought of a full strip down was discouraging. If I went with a color change, I wouldn't want any hint of the old color on the car. Keeping it oem made the most sense. Done right, you'll enjoy it for years to come. All Tracs are rare period, and these colors even more so.

I've owned other color ST185s, and I was looking for a gray or white one at the time, but can't be too picky about color when looking for rare cars like All Tracs. And this one was too good to pass up.

GT4times2

Pics from the body shop. More work to be done. Never ending. Car has to be wet sanded, buffed, etc... But I am happy I stuck with the factory color.

msanders2

Karl has told me a lot about this car and you. Can't wait to see it in person! He said your moving to Ga right? Now I won't be the only MRP.

GT4times2

msanders2":3chgjh1s said:
Karl has told me a lot about this car and you. Can't wait to see it in person! He said your moving to Ga right? Miami won't be the only MRP.

You will see it sooner than later. This and the gray ST165 will be in GA in a few months. Looking to leave South Florida :D :) .

He told me about yours too. I think GA should have enough room for 2 more Alltracs. LOL.

msanders2

GT4times2":19goc2dw said:
msanders2":19goc2dw said:
Karl has told me a lot about this car and you. Can't wait to see it in person! He said your moving to Ga right? Miami won't be the only MRP.

You will see it sooner than later. This and the gray ST165 will be in GA in a few months. Looking to leave South Florida :D :) .

He told me about yours too. I think GA should have enough room for 2 more Alltracs. LOL.

Yup! Kilt88 just moved to Atlanta somewhere, so we are getting a nice sized little community. I saw on Craigslist today a super red alltrac for sale in Nashville. Wonder if he's on here.

GT4times2

msanders2":3aj9a445 said:
GT4times2":3aj9a445 said:
msanders2":3aj9a445 said:

Yup! Kilt88 just moved to Atlanta somewhere, so we are getting a nice sized little community. I saw on Craigslist today a super red alltrac for sale in Nashville. Wonder if he's on here.

Kilt88? That screen name sounds familiar (ST165 or ST185?). Good to know the All Trac community is growing in GA. Don't tempt me to get another one. :D

That's my old car. Glad to hear/see that you're making some headway and that you're gonna be posting updates on here.

It makes me sad that I didn't have the money/time/patience to do with it what I wish I could've, but I'm glad to see that someone else is doing that. Hope it goes as smoothly as it can, and please keep us updated on the progress!

bluescapegoat

GT4times2":2c3vf5xn said:
Pics from the body shop. More work to be done. Never ending. Car has to be wet sanded, buffed, etc... But I am happy I stuck with the factory color.

Ok those have sold me on the color. Look beautiful when it's fresh.

tingfrompradu":2c3vf5xn said:
That's my old car. Glad to hear/see that you're making some headway and that you're gonna be posting updates on here.

It makes me sad that I didn't have the money/time/patience to do with it what I wish I could've, but I'm glad to see that someone else is doing that. Hope it goes as smoothly as it can, and please keep us updated on the progress!

It's definitely a handful, but I appreciated your willingness to negotiate. Otherwise, I wouldn't have it now.

Traced the 3 cylinder issue back to the ECU, not sending a signal for the #4 injector. Another forum member is shipping me his to swap them out.

93cc

I dont think I have posted any pictures in awhile, so here are two new ones

Attachments

• Àlltrac GP HS.jpg
    Àlltrac GP HS.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 3,410
  • AllTrac_web (1280x663).jpg
    AllTrac_web (1280x663).jpg
    686.6 KB · Views: 3,410

CMS-GT4

11917737_129790414039164_1600401372_n.jpg

11910440_836543529794772_1015638091_n.jpg

TCalltrac90

New owner, Just threw some 17x9 +38 Gram Lights on w/ Nitto NT05 235/40's

Attachments

• 11951950_10103073906049522_8379694775099517300_n.jpg
    11951950_10103073906049522_8379694775099517300_n.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 3,202

msanders2

TCalltrac90":q3if9cc6 said:
New owner, Just threw some 17x9 +38 Gram Lights on w/ Nitto NT05 235/40's

Nice to see those wheels on a 185. When I was wheel shopping it was between those, and Rpf1's. I ended up choosing the Rpf1's.