Best rear diff and transmission oil?

Rallly

What brand do you guy's recommend for the rear different and tranny? I'm up in Canada and gets below -30 here so also what grades should I use?
Thanks!

warracer

Rallly":6sf7bdqp said:
What brand do you guy's recommend for the rear different and tranny? I'm up in Canada and gets below -30 here so also what grades should I use?
Thanks!

Im in the same area, and I'll get bashed for this but I use 80w90 Motomaster extreme pressure oil , rated for both api gl4 and gl5 (website says GL-5 only but on the gallon it says GL-4 and GL-5) , not ideal but I never had any issues in over 100'000km with it and its 27$ for 5liters , transmission shifts super smooth and never grinds.
Canadian Tire #28-0249
Link : http://www.canadiantire.ca/fr/pdp/motomaster-80w90-extreme-pressure-gear-oil-5l-0280249p.html

In the winter its heavy, so I always start the car with the clutch in (jdm cars don't have a clutch switch) then after 10seconds or so, slowly depress it and let it sit for 30sec after I drive <3000rpm until it reached proper engine temp, then I beat the crap out of it. :lol: Never had any issues in 4years of dailying the car in any conditions.

Rallly

warracer":oqf6ta1r said:
Rallly":oqf6ta1r said:
Thanks!

Im in the same area, and I'll get bashed for this but I use 80w90 Motomaster extreme pressure oil , rated for both api gl4 and gl5 (website says GL-5 only but on the gallon it says GL-4 and GL-5) , not ideal but I never had any issues in over 100'000km with it and its 27$ for 5liters , transmission shifts super smooth and never grinds.
Canadian Tire #28-0249
Link : http://www.canadiantire.ca/fr/pdp/motomaster-80w90-extreme-pressure-gear-oil-5l-0280249p.html

In the winter its heavy, so I always start the car with the clutch in (jdm cars don't have a clutch switch) then after 10seconds or so, slowly depress it and let it sit for 30sec after I drive <3000rpm until it reached proper engine temp, then I beat the crap out of it. :lol: Never had any issues in 4years of dailying the car in any conditions.

Thank you.for your opinion and info:)
I'm in North Bay, where are you?

quieter

75w90 is rated for colder temperatures if you compare it to 80w90 and its also more expensive. like Warracer said, as long as you dont beat it at cold starts you should be fine with 80w90.