Anyone sat in both a 185 and 205 with no sunroof?

tankd0g

Can anyone who has been in both tell me if an ST205 has more head room than a 185? I have a 93 GTS now with a sunroof and I have to take the panel out with a helmet on but I still don't' really fit in it, I tried one without a sunroof and it's not so bad but my head still rubs the headliner. If the 205 had an inch or two more headroom I'd be more inclined to get one over an RC which I was considering. Thanks.

ChrisD

I think you actually get a tad more room with a sunroof iirc. With the fabric panel pulled back you gain a tad of space. I dont have headroom issues so I cant really comment about more or less space.

tankd0g

ChrisD":3w158sdf said:
I think you actually get a tad more room with a sunroof iirc. With the fabric panel pulled back you gain a tad of space. I dont have headroom issues so I cant really comment about more or less space.

The 205 looks like a taller car, if it had more headroom than mine with a sunroof that would be even better, because it's nice to have the sunroof when you delete the air conditioning :).

Insanity-74

I have sat in a 185 and 205 both with and without sunrooves and there is about an inch and a half extra headroom on the non sunroof versions of both cars.

tankd0g

Insanity-74":2x4l969j said:
I have sat in a 185 and 205 both with and without sunrooves and there is about an inch and a half extra headroom on the non sunroof versions of both cars.

Can you recall if the headroom in both generations is the same? I have yet to see a 205 in person.

Insanity-74

I can't say they are the same, the seats are different, but I can measure from the floor to the roof lining of a non sunroof ST205 if someone else can do the same for an ST185.

Maybe it would be better to measure from the seat to the roof lining?

tankd0g

Insanity-74":uyw4qwst said:
I can't say they are the same, the seats are different, but I can measure from the floor to the roof lining of a non sunroof ST205 if someone else can do the same for an ST185.

That's an idea. I measured my 93 GTS with the seat cranked all the way down, with the lowest point under the highest point of the roof (center of the sunroof), it's 36".

Attachments

• 2015-09-19 18.36.42.jpg
    2015-09-19 18.36.42.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 2,617

Insanity-74

For a non sunroof ST205 with Recaros fitted it's also 36" although the standard seats sit slightly lower so I would guess about 37 to 38" with standard seats.

Domspun

I own both, but my 205 has a racing seat(Kirkey) and no headliner. From what I recall, the 205 had pretty much the same height, but is a little bit higher near the window. I am 6'2'' and I wore a helmet in both cars, I did feel a little bit less cramped in the 205.

tankd0g

Domspun":2moeihl2 said:
I own both, but my 205 has a racing seat(Kirkey) and no headliner. From what I recall, the 205 had pretty much the same height, but is a little bit higher near the window. I am 6'2'' and I wore a helmet in both cars, I did feel a little bit less cramped in the 205.

Wow I'm only 5'11" and my head is touching the headliner even without a helmet, maybe the sunroof assy really takes up that much space.

Domspun

tankd0g":d80k5c1i said:
Wow I'm only 5'11" and my head is touching the headliner even without a helmet, maybe the sunroof assy really takes up that much space.

yeah, sunroof assy lowers the headliner quite a bit. I had a GT-S with sunroof before, had to place myself in a more "relax" driving position. :p Still tight without it though, you'll hit the roof on bumps and stuff. :D