st185 body kit research and concepts (AT club homework)

soarer.jzz30":27v6qjm0 said:
K-len that look really nice, I like that it's attached to the bumper and overhangs nicely. Thanks Mr ALLTRAC I've got the rear valance worked out and nearly done to match and retaining the factory mudflaps. The lip was made using a 96 or so accord type r lip, I used this model because a guy named Cid with a black one used another style from the same year. Unfortunately I don't think I'll keep it though, likely selling it. I found, thanks to cms, a nice stock looking prelude lip that will be smooth all around instead that center cut

I wonder how well it will fit the usdm alltrac front bumper?

soarer.jzz30

I haven't got around to it really, I removed the whole kit for the time being. If I sanded and prepped it for paint I think like 200-250. But keep in mind I designed it to fit the 92-93 base bumper and I've no idea how it would fit any other models. I sort of want to finish the lip design cms p/s'd with the splitter and then see if I still like it. I'm so up in the air about everything since I'm having to do this rebuild so soon

k-len

Homemade rear spoiler and sidesqirts i made a couple of years ago. (only a gti thou)

Rear spoiler is a combination of oem, oem front spoiler, plyester and Volvo v40 rearspiler "corner sqirts".

Side sqirts is Steel and polyester. Inspired by eclipse oem sidesqirts

Attachments

• large_54235-1357223.jpg
    large_54235-1357223.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 4,987

k-len

^^yes... Just yes...

IF everybody resoned like u, there would be no progress on The spoiler kit market for celica 18

k-len":tf2mafbo said:
Homemade rear spoiler and sidesqirts i made a couple of years ago. (only a gti thou)

Rear spoiler is a combination of oem, oem front spoiler, plyester and Volvo v40 rearspiler "corner sqirts".

Side sqirts is Steel and polyester. Inspired by eclipse oem sidesqirts

Not quite my style, but excellent work on the fabrication.
Any better pics of it?

k-len

Those were The pics i found.

Not quite what i would have done today maby, but i liked it.

Did it when i was 17. ~10 years ago.

54235-1357227.jpg

Attachments

• 54235-1357220.jpg
    54235-1357220.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 4,953
  • 54235-1357226.jpg
    54235-1357226.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 4,953
  • 54235-1357219.jpg
    54235-1357219.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 4,953

soarer.jzz30

I'm up in the air about it. Using the 90-91 bumper as a rear diffuser thing, I can't dig the big holes, reminds me of a Honda. But it all matches and is of decent workmanship.

k-len

There was never meant to be a diffusor "thingy"

Sidesqirts have allways been, and allways Will be Easy enough to built in any desent workshop by my/your-self.

So that i did. The front i got from a friends eclipse (not my forst shoise, but free is free when you dont want to spend no money.

The rear ended up like that soley couse i sudenly had The front spoiler to play with.

But i would be happy to delete The pictures and even delete my user from this place couse we have our own celica forum here in sweden, dont need to be here IF Every other comment is downtalk with The underlines of "look okey, but i can do better"

And by writing that im not just thinking of you, ore you commenting my pics.

By The few days i've been haning here i get The feeling that that is The overall standard.

Some of "you" talks out bulding, Some of you only comments and dont even do anything by them self, and The rest only talks about "group buying" Some shit so that 100 cars Will look exactly Thesame. Booring. The coolest bodykit Will look like shit IF everybody has it.

Build your own ones instead.

Well. Thats how i experience it anyway, but maby im just a grumpy swede (Who atleast Build my owbown shit) ;)

underscore

Oooookay, anyways what are the side skirts from? And I'm still curious if you did anything to the hatch, maybe it's the paint colour or the camera angle but it doesn't looks like it rolls off as much as normal, it's the only one I've liked wingless.

CSAlltrac

k-len":1hdi8vxv said:
^^yes... Just yes...

IF everybody resoned like u, there would be no progress on The spoiler kit market for celica 18
That's not true. It's where diversity comes from. If it's not a factory like fit making it look like it could have been a Toyota option accessory I'm out. Perfect example

I just can't tell if yours is coming or going

soarer.jzz30

Don't get mad about constructive criticism, it's healthy. So did you mean to have the hole on the bottom of the rear bumper or not? It's basically a diffuser, all I said was I wasn't into it because Honda people here tend to do similar things and they aren't exactly respected in the automotive community for various reasons. I never said I hated it or the car.

k-len

maby im blind, couse i have never lookt at it like a diffusor...

I wanted something in The back, i had The frontspoiler, no other reason than that.

Would i have had a front/rear bumper from another year/car/model, that would have been what i used.

Simple as that.

The Black one some posts up looks Nice, but The front lip looks "universal" And not brandspecifik. Thumbs up on The sidesqirts thou.

93cc

alltrac101":2qpr5nw4 said:
This is it for me on the body kit, at least for the next 2 years. This is how the package looks with the "New Dress Shoes"....for now, lol...18x9.5 RPF1

Its been about 2 years.... are you ready to replace your lip and side skirts? If so I'd be willing to buy them from you, please and thank you! :)

Zam1z

Hi. Does anybody knows that what is the size difference between mx5 and celica?
I think that they share quite the same bodystyle. I'm planning to fit mx5 rear spoiler and front lip to celica, but it would be nice to know how much the size difference is :crazy: